Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It was a bizarre idea in the first place. Why on earth would anyone think that booking a venue of that size made any sense for such an event? 

Because they never intended it to go ahead.

One of those things whereby they kind of justify that they are trying to engage with the fans but ultimately have no interest.

17 hours ago, OAFCBilly said:

Just clarifying a few things...

Coliseum was looked at for the board Fans Forum next week, but unfortunately wasn’t available on the date we wanted

Dino wanted to do the Q&A as he wants to meet and build a rapport with the fans. He asked for it so the club decided to do it despite it being short notice. After a quick discussion with Dino about tickets sold we decided to postpone it for now due to lack of interest, Dino understood

We’re also hoping to stream the Fans Forum on Facebook for those that aren’t there. Obviously can’t guarantee it as there may be connection issues etc but the media guys are trying - if they can’t then obviously updates will be provided

I think citing ‘lack of interest’ is a bit unfair. ‘Lack of notice’ would be more accurate. Most people will have already made plans for a Friday night, or some could be working like me. I’ll be at the fans forum. Couldn’t the manager go to that and do a quick Q & A? 

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

One of those things whereby they kind of justify that they are trying to engage with the fans but ultimately have no interest.

Not true

24 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I think citing ‘lack of interest’ is a bit unfair. ‘Lack of notice’ would be more accurate. Most people will have already made plans for a Friday night, or some could be working like me. I’ll be at the fans forum. Couldn’t the manager go to that and do a quick Q & A? 

Fair enough regarding the first point, although it does state in the article "The club will be rearranging for a later date to give people more of a chance of attending" so we did acknowledge that it was late notice and we didn't really give supporters much chance.

Regarding your second point I'm not sure, a lot of fans want it to be strictly board only. It's not for me to suggest nor my decision to make so I really don't know if he will be there or not

47 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Regarding your second point I'm not sure, a lot of fans want it to be strictly board only. It's not for me to suggest nor my decision to make so I really don't know if he will be there or not

It would be best if he wasn't there, the discussion that people want is not related to the on field stuff.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I know what we’ll do, we’ll ring the coliseum and pretend we are having a meet the manager, when they ask for a deposit - we’ll blag it and say we’ll bring it on the night. Ask reception to print some tickets, but on the back in big bold black letters put  ‘AH GOTCHA’ . Put it on the website and publicise it, and if the coliseum ring and ask for the deposit. Just tell them again we’ll bring it on the night. Ask Barry to throw a few tickets in the canal, to make it look like we sold a few, then cancel it on the website. Them naive little fuckers won’t know what’s hit them!  Oh. . .  An If the coliseum ring asking for their deposit. Just hang up. 

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

I know what we’ll do, we’ll ring the coliseum and pretend we are having a meet the manager, when they ask for a deposit - we’ll blag it and say we’ll bring it on the night. Ask reception to print some tickets, but on the back in big bold black letters put  ‘AH GOTCHA’ . Put it on the website and publicise it, and if the coliseum ring and ask for the deposit. Just tell them again we’ll bring it on the night. Ask Barry to throw a few tickets in the canal, to make it look like we sold a few, then cancel it on the website. Them naive little fuckers won’t know what’s hit them!  Oh. . .  An If the coliseum ring asking for their deposit. Just hang up. 

You say this but try explaining any of his actions.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Who gives a fuck anyway he will more than likely be gone by Christmas, no doubt the idea was to soften up the fans and try to plant a positive vibe prior to the Lemmys getting grilled but nobody is falling for the shite.

You've not been in the FB groups I've been in - the idiocy is strong.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

You say this but try explaining any of his actions.

I can’t the vast majority of time, but to say the coliseum gig was a fake event for PR sake is a stretch. 

I’d think he booked it, it didn’t sell(for obvious reasons) and it got cancelled. Not everything is a conspiracy. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can’t the vast majority of time, but to say the coliseum gig was a fake event for PR sake is a stretch. 

I’d think he booked it, it didn’t sell(for obvious reasons) and it got cancelled. Not everything is a conspiracy. 

Agree.   Bu it was a ridiculous concept.

6 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

It would be best if he wasn't there, the discussion that people want is not related to the on field stuff.

What is the discussion that ALL the people want apparently. I’m going so tell me what I want to discuss please??

51 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

What is the discussion that ALL the people want apparently. I’m going so tell me what I want to discuss please??

It’s a fan’s forum with the board of the club. You want to talk about the football when you have that opportunity? 

Anyway away from this nonsensical discussion.... 

Think today will be a good marker for us to see what if any difference he has made to our style of play, our general approach to the game and our commitment to win more home games.

Think we'll be lucky to get more than 3k home fans so we need to at least give it a good go today to try and at least send a few home 😊 

12 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

That’s what the meet the manager events have been for. You know, the ones they’ve postponed due to lack of interest. 

Yeah it would be absolutely impossible to incorporate both wouldn’t it! 

3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Yeah it would be absolutely impossible to incorporate both wouldn’t it! 

The way the club have treated staff, including managers, is one of the biggest concerns. Having a new manager as a human shield won't add anything 

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Think today will be a good marker for us to see what if any difference he has made to our style of play, our general approach to the game and our commitment to win more home games.

Think we'll be lucky to get more than 3k home fans so we need to at least give it a good go today to try and at least send a few home 😊 

If he plays one up front wand mouse starts and bragner, it's pretty clear he has little scope to make a difference 

41 minutes ago, latics22 said:

If he plays one up front wand mouse starts and bragner, it's pretty clear he has little scope to make a difference 

He's managed 2 games. Maouche and Branger played well against Morecambe. He said he won't drop players for one bad game. Imagine they'll start

4 hours ago, Londonboy said:

We’ve been ‘sending a few home’ for the last 25 years 😂

On 10/2/2019 at 10:33 PM, wiseowl said:

Cheers Wardie - don't consider myself a troll but, if you do, fine - not arsed tbh.

I have a different opinion than you - sorry about that. Until some dictatorship is installed to run the country, I`ll continue to exercise my freedom of speech/expression - despite people like you trying to stifle debate.

Me, stifle debate?
I think you have it wrong...I'm just trying to stifle negative claptrap.

You're not a troll and I apologise for being a bit reactive, it's the negativity that gets me down [no pun] and any attempt at positivism seems to be berated by the "usual suspects" who do have a point in their anger at the current owner but are completely over the top when it comes to criticising other members for not totally agreeing with their point of view. It's bad enough the vitriol on Twitter, without it spreading to this once hospitable forum.

Archived