Anyone any idea whats going on?

I suppose not much is the obviously answer right now but here's a few things that I think we could do with finding out about as lockdown is beginning to "ease"

- Have we sorted out and cleared the debt to Simon Blitz and the tax man.

- Are we any closer to knowing what will happen next season

- Will season ticket holders be getting refunds on the final games of the season missed

- Are we able to get through the coming months without season ticket money as we struggled to pay wages at the end of last season.

- Is the youth team still going to exist

- Will games next season be potentially broadcast online if fans can't attend games.

- If games are to be played behind closed doors next season will be able to afford to take players off furlough. 

Second and penultimate points are surely in the hands of the EFL ?
Third point, about ST refunds, has been discussed on here and the apparent consensus amongst ST holders was that it wasn’t an issue.

42 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Second and penultimate points are surely in the hands of the EFL ?
Third point, about ST refunds, has been discussed on here and the apparent consensus amongst ST holders was that it wasn’t an issue.

Erm it is for me and Id imagine anyone who's been made redundant and is struggling right now. When you said consensus I saw the thread their was about you and 2 others who would be happy out of what 2000 season ticket holders not much of conensus that is it?

Yes it will be down to the EFL but point is abit of communication from the club here wouldn't it.

No point in getting into a spat . There were quite a few more “likes” of my point than you suggest and as far as I can recall nobody disagreed . Of course the 2000 ST holders haven’t definitively spoken - but I’m not aware of any groundswell to demand refunds. 
You are right that anybody who has lost their job will be financially hit. If that applies to you as you seem to suggest then I empathise. No question. How many people in this situation are currently ST holders I have no idea . Neither of us do.

5 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I think to expect a refund is expecting a lot from the club when it must be absolutely on its arse.  

Discount for next season is more realistic.   

I have made use of the early season offer for many years so happy to let any refund stay with the club when its needed the most.  It may have been a downhill spiral for such a long time but this is the biggest challenge any club in the lower leagues will encounter.  Just surviving all this and having a club to support at the end of it will be an achievement.  

I posted on another thread about a recent MP letter about Financial support for L1 and L2 clubs.

It was signed by about 15 MP's and would include FSA involvement and reporting back to the FFA/FSA on the investment. It is a possible solution

https://thefsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Damian_Collins_Letter_To_SoS_Co-signed_MPs_May_2020.pdf

https://damiancollins.com/a-way-forward-for-football/

http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-podcast-extra-damian-collins-interview/?fbclid=IwAR03VwbTmsYHLHAGOYiEijrBUu5zFHgttPxvCBvXqNO6ivhaJWcgz8lCBsY

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I suppose not much is the obviously answer right now but here's a few things that I think we could do with finding out about as lockdown is beginning to "ease"

- Have we sorted out and cleared the debt to Simon Blitz and the tax man. Probably not.

- Are we any closer to knowing what will happen next season Nope

- Will season ticket holders be getting refunds on the final games of the season missed Probably not.

- Are we able to get through the coming months without season ticket money as we struggled to pay wages at the end of last season. It will be a struggle 

- Is the youth team still going to exist Definitely under threat.

- Will games next season be potentially broadcast online if fans can't attend games. Potentially 

- If games are to be played behind closed doors next season will be able to afford to take players off furlough. Nope. We will need financial support to survive.

I can’t see football returning to normality until next year,  never mind next season and that would depend totally on the U.K. not experiencing a 2nd wave of Coronavirus!

The Premiership possibly and definitely The Championship are going to find it tough over the next few months.

Without huge financial aid and/or a major reconstruction of league football I just fail to see how 1st and 2nd division clubs can possibly survive this pandemic!

The continuation of the whole EFL in its present format has got to be under serious threat. Even if a decision is made to re allow mass gatherings anytime soon, will supporters feel safe enough and return soon enough in the numbers that are required to enable their football clubs to survive??

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well ask a question get an answer 😄Thanks

Anyone know DinosaurMaarms would he be classed as ITK Id wonder how he'd know this.

He’s Lee Sinnott on here. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well ask a question get an answer 😄Thanks

Anyone know DinosaurMaarms would he be classed as ITK Id wonder how he'd know this.

wow...you have the power Glossop....Can I have the winning lotter numbers please. There is a  little footy club I would love to buy....

Hmmm the mysterious person seems to be in the know.

So EFL meet today and that hopefully should kick the rest off for you

I've listened to the podcast posted by Underdog and I see where the £6m available to be spent on the ground comes from. Apparently the latest accounts show that the club made £6m profit. The chap from Reading brushes this off as complete fantasy, which we all know is correct.

10 minutes ago, maddog said:

Thought it was common knowledge! Maybe I’m wrong. Or lying. 🤨

But is Lee or dinasauraus actually Spartacus?

Or both or all three?...ooo...

Having a flashback of one end of season do at Smokies when BO was looking for an intro to a OWTB poster and i have forgotten his name?

And we re-enacted that scene..oh dear

9 minutes ago, singe said:

The walls have ears! 🤐

And eyes with an ability to read.

Don't think i have ever mentioned how a Trust director got an almost midnight missed call on their phone.

A misunderstanding over a username used on here and a post.

The director had a similar sounding username...lets just say i am glad it was missed call then...the heat of it and lateness. Lets just say it was quickly cleared up the next day.

Archived