• Oldham Rugby
    • No-one, I'd never follow another sport team again
    • Other

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Oldham Town or Chadderton FC to vote for??? Tut, tut :wink:

This was something I seriously pondered over back in 2003. I didn't know the answer then either, so voted Other now coz I don't know. I did suggest back then that I'd probably follow Oldham Town as I'd not want to lose the days/mates I'd have through the Latics. However, Stalybridge Celtic are a team I'd like to support more too, so would possibly end up doing home games at one, one week and the other on another week (if they didn't clash of course.) However, I have often said that I only stay in England coz of the Latics and should they go under I'd be off. That's possibly the most likely of outcomes :grin:

Tin hat time......

During the 80's, If Liverpool were playing (And Latics weren't) I would watch them.

I was at Heysel and witnessed disgraceful scenes leading to 39 deaths (Not necessarily the fault of scousers) and never went to a Liverpool game after that.

If no other Oldham team was formed from our ashes then I would pick and choose Liverpool games now things have become more sensible.

Ouch! Stop the stone throwing already!!

A much less poignant question now than it was four or five years ago.

I tend to agree with my mate, who arguably has more to lose then me - he goes to every Latics match home and away, and has done for years. A massive investment in time and money for anyone to make. When we discussed it back in 2003 he was absolutely clear tha he could never support another team, but would instead spend the time going to mostly non-league matches all over the place. He already puts in a few shifts at Hyde, Droylsden, Ashton and the like.

If I'm honest, I'd no doubt end up attached to one team or another - but probably non-league.

Although I would imagine the most likely scenario is that a new club would arise phoenix-like from the ashes ... and along with alot of other die-hards I'd end up supporting them. (AFC Oldham it is then! :lol: )

My family is split down the middle - Dad's side from Oldham and Mum's from Salford - and as I'm in Salford for Uni, I think it would have to be United. (Much to the dismay of a few on here, I'm sure :shy: )

Only really got into the Latics when I was about 10 - still have my Cantona shirt somewhere... :peepwall:

Keep the Faith

My family is split down the middle - Dad's side from Oldham and Mum's from Salford - and as I'm in Salford for Uni, I think it would have to be United. (Much to the dismay of a few on here, I'm sure :shy: )

Only really got into the Latics when I was about 10 - still have my Cantona shirt somewhere... :peepwall:

Keep the Faith

An answer which allowed outof the blue to take off his tin hat I feel, SeasideLatic

Everytone is entitled to their own opinion. It is just a shame that yours is wrong :wink:

If Latics went bang, I think that would be the time to give up this sport that ruins my weekends on a regular basis... although I'd still follow England so I would be able to satisfy my sado-machistic urges

I'd put all the professional clubs in the North East and some of the non-professional clubs (Durham City anyone?) in a hat and choose. I might be tempted to add some women's teams as well. Either that or watch some of the good egg chasing teams up here.

i it was not OWTB fc or AFC oldham etc - then it would be defo Ashton United(yeah pity about the second part) - i have a connection there so it would be defo them - cant believe someone had the audacity to mention scum fc and the counterparts of non-league football Stalybridge Celtic(better known in local non-league circles as Tamesaide council fc) yuk

I don't think I could 'support' anyone. Too much time spent at BP.

I would probably go and watch a live game every now and then though, and get to watch some of the best footballers in the world in the process.

Perhaps I would even get up to Easter Road every now and then, it has been a while since i visited.

KtF,

Derek.