New signing tomorrow

Give over you blert!

He has promise but Harrison was leagues ahead of him so far as prodigious talent goes. So were Goram and Gorton in their teens.

Don't tell me you are one of those new fans that only arrived in the 90's FFS!!!! Beag out!!!!

KtF,

Derek.

Cheeky! I started going in the 85/86 season when I was 11! I remember selling Harrison but can't remember him as a player. Even if I could all the players are heroes when you are that age.

I remember all three of the Andy's and preferred Gorton to Goram but again, at the age I saw them play the old Goram would have looked like a good keeper!

IF Lewis gets through the second season syndrome and doesn't get too billy big boots he will get us a right load of cash.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrison was young and slight when he made his debut. He was quite easilly bullied however, he had that something special and was clearly visible. The goal he scored into the chaddy end was more Dalglish like than Dalglish himself. Oddly within days he was a Liverpool player!. I've always been impressed with Lewis from the youth days but I'll have to sway towards Harrison.....just.

• 3 weeks later...
To clarify once again on this midfielder - I was told we were after him but he may choose to sign for a Championship club. My source was keen but not massively hopeful, so don't expect too much. If he does sign elsewhere I'll post on here to confirm who it was (if I remember).

So Crusoe, did anyone guess right, did he join the championship club?

I don't think he's out of contract (I know he's still with a club) but I don't know if they would want a fee for him.

He has enough experience at a good enough level that he should be quality, but although he's playing regularly (a regular starter in both of the last couple of seasons) he's towards the end of his career so would not be someone we would make a profit on, for example.

And it's not Okocha, Wallwork or anyone under thirty.

I don't think he's out of contract (I know he's still with a club) but I don't know if they would want a fee for him.

He has enough experience at a good enough level that he should be quality, but although he's playing regularly (a regular starter in both of the last couple of seasons) he's towards the end of his career so would not be someone we would make a profit on, for example.

And it's not Okocha, Wallwork or anyone under thirty.

sounds like gary speed or someone like that

nope. the person who told me is a friend of a friend, not someone I know directly. I've not heard anything since. as I said, as soon as I hear if this player does sign elsewhere I'll post, or if he signs here I'll wait and see if it's the same person.

Nope. Not Speed. In one way you're close though.

And while it's a friend of a friend, I did get it (and keep it) in writing, and I have good reason to believe it was from someone in the know.

Hmmm .. someone called Gary then ?