who do you think is the toughest player to ever play for Latics

'Wrecking Ball' Tounkara is a gentle giant - he doesn't use his physique enough and is knocked off the ball easily. Yesterday O'Grady, who is not a tough guy, chased back into his own half, robbed Tounkara and set off back upfield with the ball.

Wrong post- who is the hardest player you have ever seen.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for Doug Hodgson.

Dux wasn't afraid to mix it up a bit on the field and in an interview Dux once said of Dougie that "he would put his head where others wouldn't put their feet".

Would imagine Dougie is now wrestling crocodiles for a living....

Just found this about Doug Hodgson on Burnley website,

"His move to us was a loan from Sheffield United in the 1996/97 season under Adrian Heath. Playing in the defence against Notts County he helped us to a 1-0 win, but suffered a broken cheekbone in the closing stages of the game. From my seat in the Bob Lord I could see how gutted he was - the dugout could also attest to this after he hit it hard enough to crack it when he was taken off."

Darren Macdonagh has to be the toughest I have seen in my time (last 30+ years)................ made Neil Poynton look like a choir boy!

actually played against hime a few times a good few years ago now, he was playing centre half and although he dished out the early challenge to "let you know he was there" which hurt like bloody hell and left a good mark he didnt strike me as a football hardman. Obviously a few years after he finished playing pro

Chris Makin was supposed to be hardman but that was probably after he left Latics

Edited by palmer1