Inappropriate Chanting

Recent away games a small number have bee doing that on Saturday away at Exeter a few other fans started singing so far wer have tried to get a Kuqi song, Wesolowski and one was started about Diallo. There is the Matty Smith one also.

Only been to Scunny so far this year so only heard (and partaken) in the Smith song….

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it gets a bit tedious when people use the German Example but when we went to games there you had:

- the main stand for the Football coneseurs (sp?)

- the family stand for families (which included both sets of supporters)

- two terraces at both ends for both sets of vocal supporters where anything goes

If we had a set-up like this it would solve a lot of problems, with regards to behaviour.

But back on topic, I think with regards to dodgy chanting, like in life people sometimes say things at the heat of the moment that they regret on reflection. But then you get people who have a chip on their shoulder who seem to want to hate for the sake of hating (mostly adolescents) and Football gives them an excuse to act as nasty as possible because of the heat of the moment people

I know it gets a bit tedious when people use the German Example but when we went to games there you had:

- the main stand for the Football coneseurs (sp?)

- the family stand for families (which included both sets of supporters)

- two terraces at both ends for both sets of vocal supporters where anything goes

If we had a set-up like this it would solve a lot of problems, with regards to behaviour.

But back on topic, I think with regards to dodgy chanting, like in life people sometimes say things at the heat of the moment that they regret on reflection. But then you get people who have a chip on their shoulder who seem to want to hate for the sake of hating (mostly adolescents) and Football gives them an excuse to act as nasty as possible because of the heat of the moment people

I think the club do offer a section of the chaddy as a family section ?

Personally, I find it ridiculous all the fuss kicked up by people.

The people that were calling for England fans to be banned after chanting "Where's Your Caravan" really need to get a grip. It's neither shocking nor that offending to anyone, Bulgarians included. If anyone gets offended by Chants like that, then Football isn't for them.

Also, I find it hard to see why people would judge anyone's intelligence after a bit of Spontanious, heat of the moment Chanting at a tense football match. In a World like ours, we'd all lose our sense of humour if we couldn't take the piss out of eachother.

That said, there's no room for chants about Gassing Jews etc... in a Football game, and I'd like to distance myself as an English football fan from whoever would chant such obcenities at a Football match, those kind of things isn't Heat of the moment, it takes lots of resentment and ignorence to want to join in with such chanting.

But, that's just my Opinion.

I also suggest this Video fits in well for some of the more near Knuckle stuff heard at Football matches:

Heres an interesting question, does anyone think the chanting from the home fans has deterioirated markedly since the 'singers' have moved over to the RRE from the chaddy?

Don't think made to much difference in general. Only difference is that when the singers were in the Chaddy, and we scored, majority of the Chaddy got up and were bouncing for a bit, singing etc, whereas in RRE its only the singers who are bouncing about, singing for a bit, the rest just sit there. Also when the lad with the drum isn't there, its alot more dull in atmosphere. Sat in the RRE when it was first season we got the chance to move there, in Sheridan's last season and you could tell the difference in atmosphere when the lad with drum was there, and when he wasn't. Saying that, the stewards in the RRE seem to love spoiling a decent atmosphere whenever we finally get one going.

Can't remember the specifics and I don't recall it being aimed at anyone as such. Probably Joe Colbeck.

:lol:

Hardly unbelievable given the abuse he got when he was at Hudderfield from Latics fans.

Kind of unbelievable though given that he's not Jewish.

Agree but there have been a couple of recentish efforts such as

The Will Haining Song

The Lee Hughes wherever you may be

Chris O'Grady Budweidser ad effort

and of course the Ohh Chrissy Taylor

be nice if we could come up with a few unique songs instead of simply copying Premier League ditties

Don't get much more unique than 'Bet you wish your fullback was Keiron Lee'.......

• 5 months later...

A senior Crown Prosecution Service lawyer has urged football clubs to stop supporters singing offensive chants from the terraces. He has suggested clubs could be penalised by being made to play games behind closed doors or deducting points.

Inappropriate chanting

The issue was discussed on the BBC Radio 5 Victoria Derbyshire programme this morning.

BBC iPlayer from 1:23.50

i agree with the young children section, which is why having a family stand far enough away from the chanting is vital, but i dont agree with the song choices, at the end of the day its a football match, the players shake hands at the end, and thats the end of it... if you dont like someone then you dont like someone, so if your a football fan and dont like someone its hardly a crime to chant something to them, its just banter... like if you ever met ian moore outside football, would any of us really care? id happily have a laugh with him... its football and you cant change it, so i just dont see why we cant just get on with it and carry on supporting oldham...

i agree with the young children section, which is why having a family stand far enough away from the chanting is vital, but i dont agree with the song choices, at the end of the day its a football match, the players shake hands at the end, and thats the end of it... if you dont like someone then you dont like someone, so if your a football fan and dont like someone its hardly a crime to chant something to them, its just banter... like if you ever met ian moore outside football, would any of us really care? id happily have a laugh with him... its football and you cant change it, so i just dont see why we cant just get on with it and carry on supporting oldham...

Welcome, Sepp.

Some songs go too far and I think every fan has been there, but I have called a player a c**t while he was the pitch and then shook his hand after. As long you're not racist, homophobic or anything like sing what you like. Death rights and songs belittling the death of others also fall into the no-go area, if someone breaks those rules the club should take action otherwise let it be.

The players should be allowed to give it back also, nothing wrong with a player cupping his ears or showing us his name on the back of his shirt.

I like how so many in that article are complaining at about Free Speech, what people don't seem to understand is that it is freedom of speech allows us to give our thoughts and feelings not be racist.

I'm allowed to call Stan Collymore a d**k but not any racist term, I don't see the problem with that.

I agree...but he is an effing dick!!!!

I like how so many in that article are complaining at about Free Speech, what people don't seem to understand is that it is freedom of speech allows us to give our thoughts and feelings not be racist.

I'm allowed to call Stan Collymore a d**k but not any racist term, I don't see the problem with that.