What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

First episode of the new series of Homeland was alright last night.

It could be quite good this now Brodie has gone if it's well researched and shows us what goes on out there with the intelligence behind drone strikes etc...

No doubt she'll be putting about again a few episodes in though.....

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First episode of the new series of Homeland was alright last night.

It could be quite good this now Brodie has gone if it's well researched and shows us what goes on out there with the intelligence behind drone strikes etc...

No doubt she'll be putting about again a few episodes in though.....

I admire anyone who managed to stick with Homeland through series 3. :censored:ing horrendous.

I've just started watching Justified. Does it get better? I'm not sure about it so far, but it took me about five episodes to get into Sons of Anarchy. The theme tune is good though.

I can't start the new Homeland until the other half gets back from Jordan.

I've just started watching Justified. Does it get better? I'm not sure about it so far, but it took me about five episodes to get into Sons of Anarchy. The theme tune is good though.

I can't start the new Homeland until the other half gets back from Jordan.

I lasted about 2 episodes of Justified. Dog:censored:.

Looking forward to tonight's episode 3 of TWD. Decent first 2 episodes of this season, and I like where it's going with the walk to DC vs The Terminus lot.

Last scene of the last episode was a bit of a shocker, wasn't expecting it - so am looking forward to how that plays out with Bob this week.

Already feels like it's going to be a good season this time around...

Gomorrah got better & better with an amazing ending. A strong 9/10 from me.

Can't wait for the next series.

I've finally found The Bridge 2 on Netflix which is just as good as series 1 so far, if not better.

Boardwalk Empire has gone a series too far but I'll keep watching.

Same with Sons of Anarchy but it's still alright like.

Did anyone watch Intruders on BBC2 last night?

It sounded alright and John Simm can usually polish a BBC turd to an extent but what a bag of :censored:e.

With the cast I assumed it would be set in Britain so didn't realise that Simm and the bloke who played Thomas Cromwell in The Tudor's would be speaking in American accents.

What's all this about nowadays? Are British actors the thespian equivalent of cheap African left backs to the Yank film/TV industry?

The Wire started it but they were all unknowns so we were surprised to learn the actors playing McNulty, Stringer Bell etc were actually Brits (well I was anyway) but now they're all at it.

Does the fact we know how they really speak taint what might otherwise be a perfectly passable American accent to the uninititated?

Christopher Ecclestone in The Leftovers, him from The Office in Fargo.....make it stop FFS.

Can't wait for the next series.

I've finally found The Bridge 2 on Netflix which is just as good as series 1 so far, if not better.

Boardwalk Empire has gone a series too far but I'll keep watching.

Same with Sons of Anarchy but it's still alright like.

Echo what's been said about Gomorrah. From start to finish it was excellent. Didn't you say you've read the book and seen the film? If so, how much did the first series cover, if it is following the original plot at all?

Just started the second series of The Bridge myself. Can't say it's started like the first - feels a bit more of an orthodox cop programme this time around: the Scandanavian 24! Albeit with really good directing. Still a very good programme.

Boardwalk could be a lot better for the size of budget it had per episode, that said I'm only midway through the second series so it probably improves.

Looking forward to tonight's episode 3 of TWD.

Already feels like it's going to be a good season this time around...

It's been excellent I thought. The Bob scene has been remixed from the comic, which I loved and they did it really well. It was good that they didn't string out the Terminus thing for a whole season, which is something they've suffered from since it started. Nice, 2-3 gripping episodes and bang. Onto the next thing.

That finale was in-:censored:ing-credible, wasn't it? I was expecting it to just end with a bang and that would be it. I had no expectation of them leaving it open for another season.

I loved the character change for Genny. It's great when characters gradually go full circle. Might have my haircut done like him too.

What's all this about nowadays? Are British actors the thespian equivalent of cheap African left backs to the Yank film/TV industry? The Wire started it but they were all unknowns so we were surprised to learn the actors playing McNulty, Stringer Bell etc were actually Brits (well I was anyway) but now they're all at it.

I loved it when McNulty put on a really bad British accent on when he had to go undercover to that high-brow whorehouse. That was really odd!

Echo what's been said about Gomorrah. From start to finish it was excellent. Didn't you say you've read the book and seen the film? If so, how much did the first series cover, if it is following the original plot at all?

It's completely separate to the movie, which is in itself brilliant. More like a high-production companion piece to it.

I've only the finale to watch on Boardwalk. It's been by far the poorest season but I have loved a) Van Alden's exit (That gunshot wound!) and B) the casting for young Nucky, Eli and Gillian. All three are perfect and have even nailed down the subtle mannerisms of all three characters. Al Capone's cliche gangster shctick has been a proper letdown though. He's gone far too James Cagney with it I feel.

Yay for TV though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started that Utopia, off of Channel 4, on Netflix.

First few episodes seem like they're trying to be a bit too shocking - Britain meets Tarantino/Kubrick sort of thing. Not that it isn't entertaining, just a little daft, at the moment.

Stick with it - Raisin Boy morphs into Keith Hill.

• 3 weeks later...

Next series of Hannibal features Don Pietro from Gomorrah. Brilliant.

Not sure where Hannibal can go from here though. Second series in particular was excellent, but the end of series cliffhanger felt peculiar in that it was a good way to end the whole show as a whole, it didn't necessarily set up or tempt you into watching another series.

Enjoyed Utopia in the end as well. Didn't love it but it was fun. Can't see the American remake being up to much though considering the dry, British humour and violence is unlikely to be replicated well.

• 2 weeks later...

Homeland has been very good.

Sons of Anarchy was just plain :censored:ing daft at the end, as expected. A shame, the first 5 series were good.

The Newsroom seemed pointless for 6 episodes just to, you know (for those who haven't finished it)....

I've started watching Suits which is enjoyable, stylish tosh.

Marco Polo on Netflix looks promising

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to see Unbroken, The story of Louie Zamperini who competed at the Berlin olympics and later became a Japanese POW, makes you realise that our lives are so simple and we tend to go overboard at the slightest little problem. Definitely a must see film.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived