What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. Bit good weren't it. And

the Dany / Tyron couplet, wine quaffing date was lovely too.

A schmoozing Tyron at his soft-soaping best. The battle was a great sequence, the 'Walkerfall' bit and the rise of the dead at the end were both brilliant, The dragon-forged Valyrian steel reveal is interesting, I'm hoping for a Dragon vs Ice Spider match up as Dany is becoming the key player in the war against the Nights King.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on the finale of Got?

Tame ending for Stannis and Jon Snow, but I quite enjoyed how understated they were. With not a single appearance of Bran all series I don't think the Jon Snow thread is over.

Anybody else watch Humans on C4? A bit Black Mirror. Very Channel 4.

Thoughts on the finale of Got?

Tame ending for Stannis and Jon Snow, but I quite enjoyed how understated they were. With not a single appearance of Bran all series I don't think the Jon Snow thread is over.

Anybody else watch Humans on C4? A bit Black Mirror. Very Channel 4.

According to some theories I've seen, quite plausible ones too when they have gone off evidence Martin has left throughtout the main books and other stuff, I wouldnt write that particular person off just yet (not that us book readers know anymore than tv only viewers as its all up to the same point now).

First episode of the new True Detective is promising.

Vince Vaughan is excellent :lol:

It's got potential to go either way. Me and Mrs 24 liked the first one so we're giving this one some latitude. Is it on Monday evenings?

What's the last Homeland? Is it the one where Brody gets hanged in Tehran?

Also, I just finished Breaking Bad. Top, top telly.

What's the last Homeland? Is it the one where Brody gets hanged in Tehran?

You've got another series after that. With a fifth apparently coming out in September. I much preferred series 4 to 3. Thought the whole Brody business got a bit silly and unrealistic.

Vince Vaughan is excellent :lol:

It's early days but so far none of the players have the gravitas of McConaughey and Harrelson - Vaughan is excruciatingly teaky. As a whole though, the 2nd episode ended well enough to want me want to watch another, and as long as it can continue to do so - I'll watch it.

Interesting that another poster suggested that it reminded them of GTA - the sweeping shots of the hills and the urban sprawl very much remind me of GTAV - that's probably a testament to how good the development of GTAV was.

Started Peaky Blinders today, now on to the second series, it is pretty good! Often said that Britain can't match the US but I would say that Peaky Blinders definitely matches the production values and quality of shows like Boardwalk Empire et al. Very entertaining.

Started Peaky Blinders today, now on to the second series, it is pretty good! Often said that Britain can't match the US but I would say that Peaky Blinders definitely matches the production values and quality of shows like Boardwalk Empire et al. Very entertaining.

I love Peaky Blinders. I want more.

You've got another series after that. With a fifth apparently coming out in September. I much preferred series 4 to 3. Thought the whole Brody business got a bit silly and unrealistic.

Excellent. Fourth series isn't on Netflix - is it a DVD only job now?

It's early days but so far none of the players have the gravitas of McConaughey and Harrelson - Vaughan is excruciatingly teaky. As a whole though, the 2nd episode ended well enough to want me want to watch another, and as long as it can continue to do so - I'll watch it.

Interesting that another poster suggested that it reminded them of GTA - the sweeping shots of the hills and the urban sprawl very much remind me of GTAV - that's probably a testament to how good the development of GTAV was.

I've never seen anything with Vaughan in it before. Is he always like that? I thought it was character acting par excellence. That ending keeps me in it for a while I reckon.

Finished Peaky Blinders last night, that's how you do a series finale! Wow!

If you haven't given it a go yet I can not recommend it enough, there are only 12 episodes so hardly a big commitment but on the downside, there are only 12 episodes!!! There are similarities to Boardwalk Empire and a few other US series about crime and the seedier side of life so if you enjoy the big box set hits you will probably enjoy this.

Finished Peaky Blinders last night, that's how you do a series finale! Wow!

If you haven't given it a go yet I can not recommend it enough, there are only 12 episodes so hardly a big commitment but on the downside, there are only 12 episodes!!! There are similarities to Boardwalk Empire and a few other US series about crime and the seedier side of life so if you enjoy the big box set hits you will probably enjoy this.

I don't believe you with it being a BBC programme but I'll give it a go.

Best BBC series ever. Only seen the first series as the second isn't on Netflix but that was great TV. Except for the Cockney/Brummie accents.

Also trying really hard with True Detective series 2 but it's just really, properly boring and rubbish at the moment. Even in the first series when they were building the story there was a bit of intrigue, this one is very flat and clichéd to me.

You will have to put up with it flashing up pictures of lesbian yogurt knitting and Vote Labour subliminal messaging but you get used to it after a while.

Archived