Latics linked with Derby winger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it wasnt lee croft i saw but i think it was a footballer with his agent!

No idea who it was though (looked a bit like david de gea from a distance). That could only mean we have arranged a swap deal with utd for cisak!

Get down to the bookies and stick yer money on it!!

Was it Oumare Tounkara?

we are signing Lee and his wife Lara as our leisure wear model :icon_peace:

seriously, if we are to lose Morais then Croft on a season loan would be a good deal even for a year. I think he has had weight issues whilst at Derby/Hudds and maybe lost his desire, if PD can motivate him again and get him back to somewhere near his past then he would be a good player for this league.

I'd imagine we tick a lot of boxes as regards location, knowing staff and PD's ambtions and motivation being appealing, however im sure he will be on 6-10k a week which would prove a massive issue as always.

hey ho you never know - don't know about others but i can see us signing 3 or 4 fairly decent players this summer given the lower budgets across the board and the players available.

I'm HOPING for playoffs as im sure we all are, but if we can get anywhere between 6-12 it would be a job very well done. Sell Cisak for the apparent £350k and use say £50-80k to supplement the wage budget and the rest to fill the holes that need filling in the finances; gets us a couple more or one decent player(s).

I can't see any stand-out teams in the league next year as even the so-called 'MASSIVE' clubs like Sheff Utd are gonna be cutting back on what they had - and don't forget we beat them at Bramall Lane with their team of 'stars' and players 'too good for this league'

Just like MASSIVE uddersflet - take out Evans and Rhodes and what are you left with? 2 above average but not masively better squads.

Anyone can beat anyone in leagues 1 and 2 and the same applies next season - could be as close a division as we have had in years.

KTF

Edited by shefflatic

The Lee Croft we had on loan? Absolutely. Not even a debate.

The Lee Croft of right now - unsuccessful time at Derby, a very unsuccessful loan at Huddersfield and an OK spell in the SPL with St Johnstone - less than 30 games in 2 years, weighty and injury prone - Hmmmm. Not so sure.

Edited by slystallone

Sorry folks, just to check I tried a search for another old player "Rob Purdie"

He still has a profile page as well (totally up to date) so it looks like this could be from when he was here before!!!!!

Sorry :cry:

so we're resigning Purdie as well? might do a search for Wellens in hope