Would you mind a stand like this ?

The way i read it in the chron, im thinking, are we sticking with the stand design we were originally going to get a few years ago before the economic downturn/Bashforth stupidity stopped us from building?

The way i read it in the chron, im thinking, are we sticking with the stand design we were originally going to get a few years ago before the economic downturn/Bashforth stupidity stopped us from building?

I think it will now be a much lower capacity than the original plans, hence one more like Halifax's or Fleetwood's.

Edited by BP1960

I think it will now be a much lower capacity than the original plans, hence one more like Halifax's or Fleetwood's.

Yeah true, be a shame that the capacity will probably be reduced, hopefully there is room for expansion if it's ever needed.

the facilities at Halifax are exactly what we need:

The stand has covered seating for up to 3,500 spectators, as well as:

- shops for the football and rugby teams

- new home and away changing facilities

- a physio room for the players

- food and drink kiosks for spectators.

The conference and events facilities include eleven function rooms ranging in size, catering for small meetings or one to one interviews, through to conferences, parties, weddings and other major events. The main conference room is one of the biggest of its kind in Calderdale and can cater for up to 350 guests. Six of the function rooms can also be booked as executive boxes for match days, each one catering for up to twelve people.

but if at all possible something that could distinguish it as 'Latics', like Fleetwood's does for them, or Wrexhams:

Racecourse%20Ground%20n11.jpg

i think thats all we would need as an extra stand. if that was to be the main stand maybe something a little nicer but as another stand i think that'd suit us for where we are at the moment. anything bigger would be a waste of space. maybe something a bit like Brighton have done, in that theyve built quite basic stands behind the goals with options to extend if and when they need to.

also, i think we should be looking into a self sustaining stand (might have read this somewhere that we were looking into it?) eg solar panels on the roof (not that we ever see the pissing sun!). i know it seems a bit posh and maybe unnecessary but in the long run if it saves a club like us paying huge maintenance costs it'd definitely be a step in the right direction

Readinig between the lines i'd say it will initially be built with a capacity of around 3000 and the conferencing and office facilities etc. with the option to add another 1 or 2thousand and hotel etc at a later date. A 'social club' ala clayton arms is a must imo though

i think thats all we would need as an extra stand. if that was to be the main stand maybe something a little nicer but as another stand i think that'd suit us for where we are at the moment. anything bigger would be a waste of space. maybe something a bit like Brighton have done, in that theyve built quite basic stands behind the goals with options to extend if and when they need to.

also, i think we should be looking into a self sustaining stand (might have read this somewhere that we were looking into it?) eg solar panels on the roof (not that we ever see the pissing sun!). i know it seems a bit posh and maybe unnecessary but in the long run if it saves a club like us paying huge maintenance costs it'd definitely be a step in the right direction

I'm not that fussed about the capacity, but there isn't anywhereelse really that we can integrate the other stuff. The idea of conference rooms converting into matchday boxes is just the sort of thinking that's needed.

personally think we should be looking at a much grander main stand, in the 5-6 thousand capacity, possibly in the mold of hudds main stand. the others can be small capacity stands for me, but the main stand has to be just that. a main stand. hudds main stand has everything, and is used to quite a high percentage thrroughout the week.

I thought the stand was going to cost about £5m so given that Fleetwood spent £4.5m on theirs we can all see what is likely. We then lose the main stand, some buggar will knock it down whilst we are not watching to save money, so I get a view over Oldham - I was told I had reserved rights for where I sat before some......., half way line at front, so I'm looking forward to cashing in this Latics guarantee in 10 years when the stand is finished!

"Would you mind a stand like this ?"

I would love a stand like that, unfortunately what we would like and what we will get are very different things.

I would like a stand of any description, what we will get is nothing.

Nice to see the optimism still lives on...

From SCs recent comments it seems the new stand won't be quite as big as Halfax's (Halifax capacity almost 4,000, Latics 3,000), even so it will be a welcome addition IMO.

Hope it extends right across the pitch side though and they remove the ugly sponsors suite and police control room.

The corners must not be left open either, it's an area which appears to attract howling gales.

http://menmedia.co.u...ication?rss=yes

Edited by BP1960