176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of this design?

• Yeah - it looks mint
    • Nah - it's not right

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope that this is nowhere near the finished article.

The bad weather protection for the seats is v poor it's just wide open to wind and rain. The roof needs to be bigger and angle downwards and the sides need to be covered in right down to ground level.

To all those who think 2 or 3K is big enough because at present we only get 4-5K gates. Why are you happy with a double tier of sponsors boxes. We can't even make full use of the 2 suites that we have now, how can we possibly fill what looks like 22? Or even 11 if just one of the glass tiers is for boxes and the other is part of something else. I should think it's harder to attract paying sponsors to a 3rd div game than it is regular Joes.

People must be dreaming saying that the stand is too small and we need more seats.

I am very impressed with this initial outline that we've seen, it looks like a very neat and tidy stand which is there to provided the 7 day a week revenue streams that we need.

However the stand looks to be designed in a way which makes expansion backwards somewhat impossible without actually :censored:ing it all up. However, one a new chaddy end and George Hill stand are built then i'm sure corners and what not could be added.

I would hazard a guess that the stand that will replace the main stanx will have the same number of seats as this new stand just with no exec boxes, with the chaddy end following the same style, thus making expansion of corners easy.

However, this seems to be a short term kind of thing, if and that's a big if, we ever actually became a bigger club, on the current BP site we could probably accomodate a 25,000 seater stadium maximum, the way it is currently set out. I personally think it should have been changed with the pitch being moved over the car park, or being rotated 90degrees, thus allowing two big side stands with a small chaddy end (due to the housing at the back) and then the RRE which will do us for another good few years.

Anyhow, in the current climate and with us being in this league since before i started supporting Latics, this is the perfect opportunity now to get this built. It may not be stadium 2000 or Oldham Arena or Failsworth Arena, but i personally believe this is the best stand we have been presented with to date!

Keep the Faith, Ladies and Gentlemen.

The bad weather protection for the seats is v poor it's just wide open to wind and rain. The roof needs to be bigger and angle downwards and the sides need to be covered in right down to ground level.

To all those who think 2 or 3K is big enough because at present we only get 4-5K gates. Why are you happy with a double tier of sponsors boxes. We can't even make full use of the 2 suites that we have now, how can we possibly fill what looks like 22? Or even 11 if just one of the glass tiers is for boxes and the other is part of something else. I should think it's harder to attract paying sponsors to a 3rd div game than it is regular Joes.

Because the current facilities available to potential sponsors are "piss poor"

Also not having a go at you so please accept my apologies for using your post but why are people still being negative when good news is coming from Boundary Park

Edited by another fan

90 minutes every other week for 2/3 of the year is not what this is about.

Point taken but let's face it - this stand has been fifteen years in the making. If we're gonna build, let's BUILD! I'd rather have an impressive new main stand and shut (but don't knock) down the existing main stand than be stuck with a half-arsed effort for another fifteen years.

I agree, how do you Want to pay for it?

I like the design.

I do think some people are miss reading the image with regards the large windows (I did the same at first look) The dark vertical lines that look like they divide the windows are actually shadows created by the roof trusses. the actual windows look simillar in size to the ones on the current exec boxes set on two levels seperated by stonework/cladding like at Fleetwood.

On another note, on the old design from FWP why does the proposed Furtherwood road stand not have any perspex in the roof. The pitch in front of this stand is always the one where we have problems with frost and the low sun in winter.

im still amazed at people moaning about "weather protection" ffs its football played outdoors. You watch the game outdoors. You may get wet on the occasions the wind blows towards the stands, the wind may blow in your direction and at BP you may freese to death if you dont wrap up warm enough. There will be 3 other stands to choose from....

If you dont like it sod off and watch sky sports - bunch of fking mard arses

My only niggle with the stand is thats the seats look a little low down ie level with the pitch - personally i prefer a big of height when watching a game but i could just choose to sit somewhere else. Looks good as far as i can see lets get it built

Edited by bluehobbit

Number of seats is just right for me. Didn't we only average about 13k in the PL? Thats the PL, not even the championship. So for those who are bitching about capacity. just remember that.

Oh, and one word - Darlington.

Couldn't agree more, well said.

In my ideal world, we build quite a small new stadium (with realistically plenty of capacity) with the money being spent on making it look :censored: hot and unique, rather than making it extra big, empty and soulless.

In the real world we obviously dont have the funds to do this so I guess it is the next best thing.

I would much rather be playing in a stadium that is nearly full every week with a good atmosphere than getting 3,500 in a 25,000 seater stadium.

I also don't think accepting your a small club means you lack ambition either - look at Fleetwood or Crawley, or Blackpool - they only had half a stadium before getting in the PL. Ambition has nothing to do with how many seats you have these days, it is how much money your backers have got anyway!

If I was in charge I would probably build a 9 - 10,000 seater bowl with steep stands right on top of the pitch which locks in the atmosphere which could make Oldham a really difficult place to come and play with the intimidating home fans...

Then I woke up ;)

Couldn't agree more, well said.

In my ideal world, we build quite a small new stadium (with realistically plenty of capacity) with the money being spent on making it look :censored: hot and unique, rather than making it extra big, empty and soulless.

In the real world we obviously dont have the funds to do this so I guess it is the next best thing.

I would much rather be playing in a stadium that is nearly full every week with a good atmosphere than getting 3,500 in a 25,000 seater stadium.

I also don't think accepting your a small club means you lack ambition either - look at Fleetwood or Crawley, or Blackpool - they only had half a stadium before getting in the PL. Ambition has nothing to do with how many seats you have these days, it is how much money your backers have got anyway!

If I was in charge I would probably build a 9 - 10,000 seater bowl with steep stands right on top of the pitch which locks in the atmosphere which could make Oldham a really difficult place to come and play with the intimidating home fans...

Then I woke up ;)

like a smaller version of Loftus Road

Simply don't like the look of it.

Seats look to low down to the pitch, needs to be bit higher up and the exec box/corporate facilties that look out onto the pitch looks to big on that picture. Looks like it's a get as big as possible corporate stuff in with a few seats crammed in at the bottom. I know the idea behind new stand is to create income for the club 7 days a week, but just doesn't look right.

But it's only one picture, and as other have picked up on not full detailed as no dug outs player tunnel there etc.

Saying all that I'll still probably sit in the current main stand until work starts on it, then sit in it again once work been completed on it (keep it two tiers Corney, better for creating an atmosphere - even though that's an atmosphere of moaning atm!)

Number of seats is just right for me. Didn't we only average about 13k in the PL? Thats the PL, not even the championship. So for those who are bitching about capacity. just remember that.

Oh, and one word - Darlington.

Aye! spot on.

Hope they don't leave the current sponsors suite and the tardis the corners, that will really look stupid.

Wouldn't have thought so. There'd be absolutely no purpose for them with a brand new one which I imagine will hold more than both the corner flag suite's combined.

Will there be any problem with the glare of the sun off those windows ?

When the sun shines it does shine on the Broadway side of the ground! The windows will also need to be strong enough given the number of balls that currently fly into the car park!

:wink: