I fear for us

transfer window closing is bringin it home....

small squad littered with kids. no out and out goal scorer. defence that hasn't played much together. injury prone key players. nothin on the bench. no money for new players. inexperienced coaching set up.

toughest season yet IMO.

I fear for us after watching us play this season.

After over 30 years of watching the Latics I have to say this is the most depressing.

Luckily I have my season ticket so I will be seeing it through as I have already forked out my hard earned cash.

We sure need inspiration from somewhere otherwise it will be a long relegation season :bigcry:

Loan transfer window opens on monday so all hope is not lost

Sick of bloody loans.......it may be the only way we can supplement the squad but it rarely works.

We desperately need a striker and a creative midfielder.....If we could get Leon Clarke and an experienced midfielder then I would be satisfied but, please, please, please, no more kids!!!!

Such was the case when we signed M'changama in March.

It would have been pointless rushing, unless we wanted to have someone registered for tomorrow. What does worry me is that there hasn't been one murmur that we're looking. Certain people are acting as though the squad we have at present is good enough (Dickov, even Corney's burying his head in the sand in this respect) and it blatantly isn't.

Furman away next week, too. This will highlight what a poor team we have. It annoys me he's even being allowed out. I know it's his first call-up. What is Dickov planning? We can't even compete with Wesolowski missing.

when loans are scrapped in 2014 then we WILL be :censored:ed with no squad

23yo, been watching for 16 years (all league 1 in my time!) 2nd season ticket this season but like the post above just feel totally 'meh' about the whole club - players - you can never see them as 'Oldham' anymore as they are here one minute gone the next either for their own gain or through being released - the management, club in general.

We need some fight back, some pride, some AMBITION - totally echo Lags words - i personally, whilst i accept and appreciate that finances are limited, it doesn't for one minute stop the manager or fans from demanding the best at all times and all the squad scrapping and fighting for each other as one and aiming for top six - thats AIMING FOR, not EXPECTING - there is a difference before all the seagulls start pecking at me...!

Scunny did it as did Colchester with the 'small club, WE can't be promoted cos we're small, we don't/aren't eligible for it'

They didnt give a toss - they DID it.

Total lack of belief from all concerned - only in PD's first season v Hudds when we won 1-0 did we truly rip a team to bits and truly attack a team with positivity and intent.

The stand will be a help eventually but 5 years to realise any income consistently or profits made, but i can't help but get the impression from Corney - as loyal/committed as he has been in maintaining the club still exists (whatever the wheres and whys of him still being here) it is a token of 'fans want a new ground, well you can have this and thats your lot' - will the main stand and chaddy ever get rebuilt or am i missing the point of the term 'ground redevlopment completed within 10 years?'

prove me wrong Latics and relight my fire - i go now because i feel i should, not because i truly honestly WANT to - how sad.....

Edited by shefflatic

transfer window closing is bringin it home....

small squad littered with kids. no out and out goal scorer. defence that hasn't played much together. injury prone key players. nothin on the bench. no money for new players. inexperienced coaching set up.

toughest season yet IMO.

Just realised this evening that we've only got 11 players in our squad over the age of 20, with many of those only just over 20.

Scary stuff, especially if we don't show signs of improvement by the end of next month as a squad this young surely won't play any better with the fear of relegation looming.

Hope tomorrow gives me some optimism!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Such was the case when we signed M'changama in March.

It would have been pointless rushing, unless we wanted to have someone registered for tomorrow. What does worry me is that there hasn't been one murmur that we're looking. Certain people are acting as though the squad we have at present is good enough (Dickov, even Corney's burying his head in the sand in this respect) and it blatantly isn't.

Furman away next week, too. This will highlight what a poor team we have. It annoys me he's even being allowed out. I know it's his first call-up. What is Dickov planning? We can't even compete with Wesolowski missing.

So is Wnchester. Which leaves Mellor, or Simpson dropping back. No other cover!!!

Interesting that nobody has complained about this being 'doom and gloom'. People seem in agreement and accepting that we are in trouble

It's indisputable after the first two games.

And we all know "you can't win anything with kids" ;)

He's right but, we'll be fine come May. Maybe with Dickov at the helm, but probably not.

Interesting that nobody has complained about this being 'doom and gloom'. People seem in agreement and accepting that we are in trouble

Lancylad jumped on me big time at the back end of last season when I said we were playimg :censored:e even though I hadnt been to a game.

Told me not to go off the propaganda of this board and not to believe it, seems now the majority of the posters are on the same side of the fence.

We're in the same position as 2/3 of clubs in the bottom two divisions, lose 3 on the trot and we're the worst team in the division with no hope in hell, three good results and people start talking about play-offs.

We'll be fine, we always are in the end, it might take Dickov going but we'll be fine.