Who next then?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We sack Sheridan... Corney goes for experience in Penney...

We sack Penney... Corney goes for youth in Dickov...

Dickov goes... Experience or youth? Think we need some experience until the end of the season, but if we think ahead and get a young assistant in then maybe they could take over in the summer?

I dont think bringing in someone until the end of the season is the way to go

We need someone who can come in and sort out a talented bunch of players who are under performing, keep us up and know what he plans for the following season the minute this one ends.

W cant have anyone on short term process, one step at a time (keep us up) I know but it has to be done long term

davies/adkins/dowie. not a chance anyone of them would want it, these are guys who want prem/top champ jobs they wont risk a relegation on their cv. megson is dire football but knows what he's doing in this league, not sure i could put up with it though. brown wanted the hartlepool job and said so in the press he'll def want this one. ritchie did a decent job at hudds/ barnsley and kept us up in this division with beavers and agogo up front! that was a miracle in itself. mcinnis and jewell as long shots but doubt either would be keen.

Whoever it is, we need to get behind them, give the team our support and hopefully things will improve. None of this unhappiness with whoever we appoint, get behind them. We're in last chance saloon, so as a group of fans we have to collectively show support to the club over the next two and a bit months.

If it was me i'd offer it Dowie until the end of the season, not worked in a while. Win, win situation. With the specific instruction to keep us up...

I'm with this.

He still lives local (Lostock) as well...doesn't he?

I dont think bringing in someone until the end of the season is the way to go

We need someone who can come in and sort out a talented bunch of players who are under performing, keep us up and know what he plans for the following season the minute this one ends.

W cant have anyone on short term process, one step at a time (keep us up) I know but it has to be done long term

I'd go for a short term appointment. But for me the short term agreement would be that avoiding relegation brings a longer deal. That way if we were to go down we could reassess who we could afford in League Two.