• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be the best choice for the club at the moment. Say what you like about the cloudy circumstances that he left under, but if he can galvanise this team to anywhere near the level he did during the play off season and the post M**re era, we should get ourselves out of this :censored: we find ourselves in!

Come Davros..........say yes!

No matter who we appoint it is always a gamble...he worked a miracle at Palace taking them from bottom to top in no time but was also given the task of keeping Hull up with a million pound bonus if successful and failed.

There are no guarantees in football but Dowie would be my choice initially to the end of the season.

I was only a kid when Dowie was in charge so have very little recollection of his stint in charge which makes me unknowledgeable about him.

If you was to look at his record elsewhere in football; Charlton, Palace and Coventry would you still want him appointed?

I know he did a good job in charge of us when he was manager, led us to the play-offs and instilled discipline, like he does everywhere but it was with a good budget. Would he fare the same with a lower budget like we have?

Our players are certainly good enough to stay in this league, if not challenge higher up when we compare clubs like Yeovil in the play-offs with their selection of players to ours it seems almost even. The calibre is right but the tactics and motivation aren't. Would Dowie provide that?

I was only a kid when Dowie was in charge so have very little recollection of his stint in charge which makes me unknowledgeable about him.

If you was to look at his record elsewhere in football; Charlton, Palace and Coventry would you still want him appointed?

I know he did a good job in charge of us when he was manager, led us to the play-offs and instilled discipline, like he does everywhere but it was with a good budget. Would he fare the same with a lower budget like we have?

Our players are certainly good enough to stay in this league, if not challenge higher up when we compare clubs like Yeovil in the play-offs with their selection of players to ours it seems almost even. The calibre is right but the tactics and motivation aren't. Would Dowie provide that?

if he was to sign till the end of the season, budget doesnt come in to it. He would come in to motivate the team we already have.