I seem to recall that Dowie walked away from Oldham when it suited him - Is that the level of commitment that we want from our new manager?

I'm not sure I understand why we should begrudge him having moved to a Championship club? We don't take that view with players.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harbin was coach at an Australian rugby league side according to his wiki (last updated in 2010, no longer a coach there now)

Anyone know if he still lives out there?

He is Gaz, I read an article on him in december, Im afraid he wont be part of the set up.

Harbin was coach at an Australian rugby league side according to his wiki (last updated in 2010, no longer a coach there now)

Anyone know if he still lives out there?

He is Gaz, I read an article on him in december, Im afraid he wont be part of the set up.

Definately Gaz, as Lukers says.

He (edit) manages a resort in Aus.

Manages Dreamtime Lodge, Rockhampton, Queensland. Not sure if he still does.

http://www.maggie.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/harbin-home-after-uk-football-work/388816/

Just taken on Rockhampton Rugby coaching role

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/john-harbin-accepts-new-role-rockhampton-rugby-lea/1695089/

Edited by singe

I seem to recall that Dowie walked away from Oldham when it suited him - Is that the level of commitment that we want from our new manager?

The MEN:

The Northern Ireland international left shortly before Corney and his two business partners took over and rescued the club from financial disaster in 2004 and ended up in dispute with the new owners over the terms of his departure.

But it is understood Corney bears no malice towards Dowie who took the club into the play-offs, albeit with a healthy budget.

A rarely-wrong MEN - it was actually 2003.

My memory of Dowie is that he stood up against M***e and then stood by the club until it's future was secured. He planted rocking horse :censored: with a handful of pros and a few kids. Despite this, he laid the foundations for our very unlikely survival that season. Once safe, he moved to a bigger club in a higher league for what i assume was a lot more money.I think he had more than earned the right to move on.

I'd welcome him back.