• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My memory of Dowie is that he stood up against M***e and then stood by the club until it's future was secured. He planted rocking horse :censored: with a handful of pros and a few kids. Despite this, he laid the foundations for our very unlikely survival that season. Once safe, he moved to a bigger club in a higher league for what i assume was a lot more money.I think he had more than earned the right to move on.

I'd welcome him back.

100% right

Nice guy Dowie. Remember speaking to him about the possibility of the trust funding a pre-season trip to NI - think we might have discussed it on here. In fact I still have his mobile number in my phone (if he still has the same number!). Should I text him see if he's coming?

Nice guy Dowie. Remember speaking to him about the possibility of the trust funding a pre-season trip to NI - think we might have discussed it on here. In fact I still have his mobile number in my phone (if he still has the same number!). Should I text him see if he's coming?

Do it.

Don't pretend that you haven't tried texting him since!

Nice guy Dowie. Remember speaking to him about the possibility of the trust funding a pre-season trip to NI - think we might have discussed it on here.

The story was Dowie financed the flights for the pre-season tour of N. Ireland and an anonymous person donated the rest of the tour cost. While Dowie and the squad were over there, the news broke that the Norwegian consortium that had been accepted as the Club's purchaser had turned out to be a hoax.

That news broke just before I was going out to my retirement celebration party - those were grim days!

Am I the only one who this is a bad appointment if true?

He lived on funny money here, got Palace promoted, and has done nothing since.

He wouldn't have been my number 1 but we can do a lot worse. Could prove to be an inspired move if it comes off. End the season OK and momentum and optimism to take us into next year.

Games Win Draw Loss Win%

Phil Brown

246 74 71 101 30.08

John Sheridan

328 128 90 110 39.02

Simon Grayson

378 160 106 112 42.33

Alan Irvine

170 69 39 62 40.59

Billy Davies

419 170 116 133 40.57

Gary Megson