latest betting

I'm a bit surprised they aren't offering odds on Tony Philiskirk, he gets tomorrow and might have Everton as well. If he gets a result against Everton Corney may give him the job until the end of the season. Thus fulfilling the 10 games criteria.

He's said he doesn't want it hasn't he?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit surprised they aren't offering odds on Tony Philiskirk, he gets tomorrow and might have Everton as well. If he gets a result against Everton Corney may give him the job until the end of the season. Thus fulfilling the 10 games criteria.

We criticised Dickov for not learning from his mistakes but surely Corney would be making a mistake if he did that.

Dickov got Walsall after Liverpool and it didn't work out which proves that the players can have a temporary improvement in form for the cameras then resume dismal form. The priority is staying in the league so even if TP does lead us to victory or a draw v Everton then we should still appoint an interim manager until the end of the season.

Having said that, if we beat Dons then beat Everton then Stevenage I'd maybe think otherwise but at the moment we need to focus on an experienced, motivating manager who can lead us to safety.

I am not one for spreading rumours, so I will say this only once. I have heard Dowie is asking too much. Whether it’s negotiable I don’t know.

Saying something once is still spreading a rumour. Because you've heard it and are telling others.

And , to be fair without being harsh, you don't know if he has asked too much, nor if it's negotiable,

We criticised Dickov for not learning from his mistakes but surely Corney would be making a mistake if he did that.

Dickov got Walsall after Liverpool and it didn't work out which proves that the players can have a temporary improvement in form for the cameras then resume dismal form. The priority is staying in the league so even if TP does lead us to victory or a draw v Everton then we should still appoint an interim manager until the end of the season.

Having said that, if we beat Dons then beat Everton then Stevenage I'd maybe think otherwise but at the moment we need to focus on an experienced, motivating manager who can lead us to safety.

The players were :censored:e at Notts County, with their minds on Liverpool. If TP gets 'em to play and they win tomorrow, he's already proved he's one up on PD. If he leads 'em to a victory over Everton and gets something from Stevenage, it'll take a special applicant to do better.

Saying something once is still spreading a rumour. Because you've heard it and are telling others.

And , to be fair without being harsh, you don't know if he has asked too much, nor if it's negotiable,

Sorry if you missed the attempt at humour in my first sentence, it’s a saying, highlighted by a different font. Maybe I should have used quotation marks. All fan sites thrive on rumour. The source is fairly close to the club (closer than just a fan) and that Dowie put forward a remuneration figure, (you would assume some sort of discussion took place). It is not suggested he was offered the job, possibly just a tentative enquiry and I can confirm I do not know whether any remuneration is negotiable, like I stated. But I would have an intelligent guess that it is, as are most things. I do not believe the source just made it up, and neither did I. But it is just another (of how many now on this subject)? Rumour!

Sorry if you missed the attempt at humour in my first sentence, it’s a saying, highlighted by a different font. Maybe I should have used quotation marks. All fan sites thrive on rumour. The source is fairly close to the club (closer than just a fan) and that Dowie put forward a remuneration figure, (you would assume some sort of discussion took place). It is not suggested he was offered the job, possibly just a tentative enquiry and I can confirm I do not know whether any remuneration is negotiable, like I stated. But I would have an intelligent guess that it is, as are most things. I do not believe the source just made it up, and neither did I. But it is just another (of how many now on this subject)? Rumour!

Indeed I did. Too subtle . Sorry :)

He's said he doesn't want it hasn't he?

Yeah I don't think he wants it for long term but 10 games is hardly long term. If TP and PG can keep us up it gives Corney something to think about. Plus, not getting beaten by MK Dons, Everton and Stevenage is indicative that they are likely to be able to keep us up.

My original point was that TP is more likely to be a winning bet than most people on the Sky Bet list (cough Billy Davies cough) but isn't featured.

Surely the coronation of Dowie will happen tomorrow.

SC not back from NYC until Thursday. Surely it doesn't need him back to announce Dowie? A statement etc can be one over phone and allow us to focus on the new reign. Unless......

SC's extended stay in NYC is to do with sale of club...with SC staying at helm?! Only last week did he intimate he'd be here for a while...them again Moore did the same in that pub outside Loftus Road!

It would have been sensible for Dowie to give some idea of the salary and contract he wants when applying. It could be comments about this are the source of the Dowie rumours. I suspect most of the 'names' will have asked for something that the club can't afford. I still think someone who is not on the list is going to get the job but the rumours are entertaining. If it is a player manager I hope he is a central defender.

Edited by Hands on

@MENOAFC: I've been told not to expect any white smoke from the Boundary Park chimney any time soon. #oafc

That could put Dowie out of the running.

New manager in summer. TP/PG/CB et al in the interim.

Thing is, if they keep us up, why not stick with them?

Unless, new owner scenario, they have had interest of the back of the Liverpool game and are preparing to leave it to them. Not that I particularly think that. Personally, I think we could do a lot worse than Simon Corney.

That could put Dowie out of the running.

New manager in summer. TP/PG/CB et al in the interim.

Thing is, if they keep us up, why not stick with them?

Unless, new owner scenario, they have had interest of the back of the Liverpool game and are preparing to leave it to them. Not that I particularly think that. Personally, I think we could do a lot worse than Simon Corney.

That would still have to be announced - I think it just means not tommorrow.