New Stand Planning Application - Get comments in before 7th March

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=_OLDHA_DCAPR_47909

Click the above link to leave your support for the new stand planning application.

The planning application will be decided by elected councillors at the planning committee and therefore while most NIMBY complaints may not be considered as valid planning considerations by the Planning Officer they will be considered by Council officers who are just trying to please the people who will vote for them at the next election!!

I've seen many applications be refused because NIMBYs are louder and put more effort in than people who are for an application - so even if all you have to say is that the development is needed, the development is good and the development should be approved please make sure you follow the link above and support the planning application!

Comments have to be in by the 7th March!

I don't see the application failing on any planning grounds, just need to make sure our support is louder than any NIMBYs!

Sent.

I sincerely hope that means 'against' as in alongside rather than 'against' as in opposition. I definitely clicked 'support'!

Sorry I didn't notice what mine said after i'd submitted - did you ask for comments you made to be emailed?

Whilst you will always get nimbys who will oppose whatever has been submitted, whether it be a 5000 sweater, a 2000 seater or a bus shelter, their trump card last time was regarding the proposed development behind the chaddy end. It was this that was knocked back.

Full planning permission was granted relatively quickly for a new stand where the lookers was, and I suspect the same will happen again.

No, I unticked that box. It did say they would be put on immediately for the public to view but I don't see them anywhere...

Should be fine, the planning officer will review the comments anyway and know if it was meant to be pro instead of against.

I don't think Oldham Council put the public comments online, can't see them anywhere. Each planning authority is different, which is frustrating when it's your job to deal with them all!

Know that there was a lot of opposition with Failsworth but is there likely to be anyone with issues about this going forward?

Genuinely don't know the mood with residents close to BP but wouldn't have thought, Barr perhaps the odd numpty, people would have beef with this.

Pricks if they do. 118 year old football club at a ground that's been there longer than any living person, any opposition should be laughed at. Hopefully signatures not needed.

Know that there was a lot of opposition with Failsworth but is there likely to be anyone with issues about this going forward?

Genuinely don't know the mood with residents close to BP but wouldn't have thought, Barr perhaps the odd numpty, people would have beef with this.

Pricks if they do. 118 year old football club at a ground that's been there longer than any living person, any opposition should be laughed at. Hopefully signatures not needed.

This is all true, but you just never know how moods might change over time. I couple of NIMBYs I was trying to placate during the march said they would be fine with a new stand, and maybe even some bungalows, but it was the high rise and fear of who would live in them (read as you will) that they were anti. Anyhow, can't hurt to add our names to this.