Lee Johnson in frame for Manager's job

Be piss funny if it isn't lee johnson now! All of a sudden some other randomer we all want jumps out!

Sorry to disappoint, as much as I'd like it to be Dowie, it's that much guaranteed to be Johnson that even a guy like me, who is normally out of the loop to club matters, is in the know about this one.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So 2 pm today we will know if the farcical decision to appoint Lee Johnson is true , please let an experienced no 2 come in or we will surely be relegated .

Going over old ground I know but I ve never felt so bitter towards corney if he does this , I'm still praying he doesn't , but no smoke without fire after all the leaks yesterday .

To sum it all up, bollocks !

Lee johnson, no managerial experience, wet behind the ears. we are doomed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh hang on a minute, does anyone remember a bloke who was know as the manager who fell off the back of a lorry, due to the fact that he arrived for his interview in one. Yes that other bloke with zero management skills, JOE ROYLE.

Edited by 100milesaway

Lee johnson, no managerial experience, wet behind the ears. we are doomed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh hang on a minute, does anyone remember a bloke who was know as the manager who fell off the back of a lorry, due to the fact that he arrived for his interview in one. Yes that other bloke with zero management skills, JOE ROYLE.

Who?

Yes but Joe didn't make an instant impact like we need now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

and we weren't in such a dire mess so he had time to change things ?

Yes but Joe didn't make an instant impact like we need now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

and we weren't in such a dire mess so he had time to change things ?

The one thing that needs to change is the PLAYERS need to start winning football matches

People forget the situation that Joe Walked into.

When he was appointed, the club had no money and were in a very bad way. I remember baillifs walking in the doors and re-possessing tv sets. Joe offered to walk away to save the club money, but the club wouldn't accept that and stuck by him.

That season(1982-83) he had to work with mainly kids and was forced to sell off Paul Futcher mid season just to pay bills, yet he still managed in that 1st season to produce a team that played good football and provided some promise for future years, despite the fact that we would continue to have to sell to survive. He was forced to rely on the likes of Paul, Heaton, John Bowden, Paul Atkinson and John Ryan etc coming through from the youth team.

Despite all the turmoil at the club we somehow managed to finnish 7th that year. I know the claim will be that he came in during the summer, BUT he came in after the very unpopular decision to sack Jimmy Friz and at a time when the club was basically in turmoil, there was disagreement in the boardroom where Stott and Knight got their way and appointed Joe (called a cheap option by the fans). A few months later there was a change of chairman, the Boundary Club was sold to the Brewery and Futcher sold to Derby to bring us some financial stabilityand Joe was allowed to get on with the job of gradually building a team.

The only difference here is that we are in the middle of a relegation fight. I don't know if the new man will keep us up, I don't know if an experienced head would fare better, but I am prepared to give him a chance and back him, because my club needs us to back him to do his best to keep us up. At the end of the day I'm not bothered who is wrong or who is right, i'm only interested in us staying up this season. He comes from good stock has lived around a football manager nearly all his life and played the majority of his career at and around our level. Hopefully he can bring that experience to our club and make the difference we need over the next 10 games. Good luck Lee.

Think that Corney was in a catch 22 with any appointment tbh. He was hardly going to offer big bucks to someone in case of relegation and some of the bigger names would have wanted more long term security than say till end of season.

If Johnson is indeed appointed its a nod to the future in my eyes whilst hoping he has an impact immediately in keeping us up. If that happens then next year he can put his stamp on the team and see what happens.

I'm not convinced but don' t see many other options. It would be madness to get a Dowie in on a long deal if we were to go down. I doubt anyone of similar ilk would do it short term and even if they would we would all be up in arms complaining of short sightedness and not planning properly. I know nothing about the lad but regardless he should be supported. I do think it would be interesting to see exactly who applied though. Of course, it doesn't mean we could have afforded them.

Johnson is not my choice as manager. Far from it.

The timing is awful, if it was the summer, whilst it wouldnt inspire, I wouldn't be that against it.

Now its happening we have one chance as a club this season. Everyone has to work together, fans, players, johnson - the lot.

We have 10 massive games to salvage ourselves. After them - then we can start with the firing squad.

If you are coming tomorrow to protest - dont bother coming. If you aren't prepared to back johnson - do one.

Questions need to be asked, but they are at Corney - thry need to be asked / protested about in May.

Best of luck lee.

I don't have time to tread through 15th pages of this thread so sorry if I've already missed this.

Are we sure he will be manager?

Maybe the appointment today is someone else as manager and Lee as his number 2? Are we and everyone else taking this Sky Sports article as the truth? Could be wrong!!

Dirt cheap appointment, allowing corney to spend as little as possible before he pisses off into the sunset at the end of the season.

Seriously 70+ applicants and somebody who's 31 and never managed is the best candidate? :censored: off!

I've backed corney all the way but IF this is true he can sling it.

Sums up my feeling exactly.

Sums up my feeling exactly.

Dirt cheap appointment, allowing corney to spend as little as possible before he pisses off into the sunset at the end of the season.

Seriously 70+ applicants and somebody who's 31 and never managed is the best candidate? :censored: off!

I've backed corney all the way but IF this is true he can sling it.

+1