Lee Johnson in frame for Manager's job

Whilst I don't understand the appointment, yet again there has been a bit of an over reaction to this. People are clamouring for an experienced manager, but Moore, Talbot and Penney were all experienced and, on the whole, a steaming pile of :censored:e. We will stay up regardless and hopefully he can build something for us next year.

Here here Mr H.

We're on the march with .....

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I don't understand the appointment, yet again there has been a bit of an over reaction to this. People are clamouring for an experienced manager, but Moore, Talbot and Penney were all experienced and, on the whole, a steaming pile of :censored:e. We will stay up regardless and hopefully he can build something for us next year.

Dickov was young, inexperienced and had a cracking interview. We all saw how well that worked.

Dickov was young, inexperienced and had a cracking interview. We all saw how well that worked.

it worked alright, went a bit iffy at the end, but an experienced assistant would have seen him still here. put an older fella next to him and give Johnson a chance!

If we do appoint LJ lets see how it works out eh. The best players do not necessarily make the best managers. Isn't his dad a successful manager too? Would they share contacts and ideas? Maybe he will take no :censored: off our crappy players and get things in order.

Personally I don't see a difference between this appointment and getting in an old has been failure. It could work out well but as it is Latics it probably wont.

All the positivity of the cup run has been wiped away all ready by this appointment. I as many others have pumped thousands of pounds into the club over the years through season tickets, shirts, programmes etc but this could really put me off going Latics for a long long time. After getting our hopes up by saying he was going to listen to the fans opinions Simon corney has really shafted us over this time. I'd love to see that this has been a mistake and lee Johnson is not our new manager but I think it looks almost nailed on. A typical Simon corney trying to do it on the cheap appointment.

Joe Royle was young, inexperienced and had a cracking interview. We all saw how well that worked.

Just sayin', like.

I assume Lee is a bright lad who has all the coaching badges so he is at least qualified to manage. I wanted an unknown who has coaching experience so I suppose I will welcome him over Brown or Dowie who would have extracted financial promises the club shouldn't commit to.

We have to win on Tuesday so Corney must now be in a hurry to get someone, in the hope that having a manager will make the spineless display of Saturday a thing of the past. I wouldn't have picked him but he will have my best wishes and support. It won't be his fault that he gets the job. You have to support him but feel free to say what you like about Corney.

If we do stay up with Lee in charge then it will as a result of his efforts and the future would then look bright.

Joe Royle was young, inexperienced and had a cracking interview. We all saw how well that worked.

Just sayin', like.

But Joe had an illustrious career at the highest level and had contacts aplenty, which he maximised to the good.

Johnson on the other hand followed his old man around during his playing career and then finished in the pub league north of the border. He may have built up a network of contacts that swung his interview because his achievements as a player wouldn't had done.

Totally underwhelmed with this, especially with the names suggested to date. 71 applicants and we end up with this. Smacks of the cheaper option and one that won't influence any prospective new owner should they decide to change manager.

The amount of money we've made in the Cup, totally unaccounted for and Corney comes up with this. The bloke has totally :censored:ed us all over.

I'm that incensed that I may say something that I may regret and get others into trouble.

Edited by Midsblue

But Joe had an illustrious career at the highest level and had contacts aplenty, which he maximised to the good.

Johnson on the other hand followed his old man around during his playing career and then finished in the pub league north of the border. He may have built up a network of contacts that swung his interview because his achievements as a player wouldn't had done.

Totally underwhelmed with this, especially with the names suggested to date. 71 applicants and we end up with this. Smacks of the cheaper option and one that won't influence any prospective new owner should they decide to change manager.

The amount of money we've made in the Cup, totally unaccounted for and Corney comes up with this. The bloke has totally :censored:ed us all over.

I'm that incensed that I may say something that I may regret and get others into trouble so best remain a spectator on this board for a while.

Nothing to suggest that Lee Johnson won't keep us up.

Find it ironic that I'm sure that those who are going to walk away from the club as a result of this appointment ere probably singing "oldham till I die" against Liverpool and Everton.

I'm not at all impressed with the appointment but that's partly because I don't know much about lee Johnson. Would I stop supporting the club as a result? Of course not.

Find it ironic that I'm sure that those who are going to walk away from the club as a result of this appointment ere probably singing "oldham till I die" against Liverpool and Everton.

I'm not at all impressed with the appointment but that's partly because I don't know much about lee Johnson. Would I stop supporting the club as a result? Of course not.

I'm underwhelmed but will never walk away from the club. Always been a fan and will remain a fan. Besides I reckon Johnson and Corney will be gone next season anyway so we'll start afresh. Will continue to cheer on the team regardless of what I think how the club is being led.

For me it's more a case of walking away from Corney tbh, always gonna be supporting OAFC, just won't be doing it with my hard earned while he remains.

I am almost lost for words (not literally as I wouldn't be a able to type this message)!!

What can SC honestly say that is going to get the fans buy in to this appointment (assuming that it is LJ)??

What is LJ going to be like at the press conference?

How are the players going to re-act? Although they can't be any worse than they currently are.....

How many fans will we lose at the gate as a result of this appointment?

Will we pick up any points at all with a manager with absolutely no experience in football management and, I would imagine zero contacts?

What the hell is happening?? I feel as low as I did when Moore was trying to liquidate us!!

I know most of you won't agree with this but I'm starting to agree with Derek's opinion of the board and there win-win scenario of owning a football club. Either be a success or lose a but if cash trying but have a back up plan of selling off the land if it goes tits up!

Johnson's appointment is terrible news for the club.

Having to justify the expense when the team are performing so poorly is difficult in the current financial climate and whilst it is great for people like Pete to judge, I for one won't be renewing my season ticket as I no longer feel that I can justify the cost when I have a wife and kids that are more important.

Sad day for OAFC