Johnsons Number 2

He described three or four potential candidates.

One "might not fit the club's image" - fits the Graham Rix rumour!

Given we were the club to recruit Lee Hughes straight out of prison, I wouldn't say it's that out of kilter with the club's image.

The guy who sits next to me at work knows our new manager. He's from Yeovil and used to live on the same street as him.

He says Lee is best mates with Terry Skiverton and reckons they used to talk about working together as a management team in the future.

Would Lee be prepared to upset his Dad by trying to poach his assistant ?

We could have Michael Appleton, Rovers have just sacked him after 60 days in charge.

hahahah!Blackburn - now that really is a joke. The owners dug in with Kean, but now have sacked two young managers after a few weeks. What a total balls-up of a club.

Still, some fans get what they deserve. See you soon Blackburn fans.

Bit on Lee, and JAmie Hotland in parts of the Elite Soccer coaching, including Lee's philospy on pinning.

Interestingly LJ is listed as an LMA Ambassador

http://www.elitesoccercoaching.net/back-issues/december-2012/

Lee Johnson – the art of pinning

“This session is about coaching players – of all shapes, sizes and abilities – to use their bodies to peg back, pin and manipulate a defender in order to gain more time and space, for both themselves and the team.

I think it’s important to coach this because, in my experience, young British players still have some way to go in perfecting this skill compared to their European counterparts.

Essentially, the better we are in tight spaces, the more we will retain possession. The master of this was Kenny Dalglish – brilliant at stretching play, thus leaving room for others to exploit.”

Now we know why Kenny Daglish reocmenned him!!!!!

http://domain.elitesoccercoaching.net/index.asp

Jamie Hoyland Sheffield United

“In every match we play we see the benefit of this session. It is all about defensive positions and looks at how players should act when the opposition has the ball. We work with units at first and then the whole team together.” Get Jamie's session now

Johnsons preferred number 2 not being available till the summer may be a red herring.

Corney is still paying for one, plus Duxbury and Butler which, as it happens, ends in May.

Rumour has it that Butler is now fitness coaching at Blackpool, if true Corney is either not paying him or is about Butler is getting a court summons.