• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much would it cost from Mumps on the tram? I know there'd have to be a change at Victoria.

Get the tram pal. I live in Bury and will be going. A mate of mine from Chaddy used it to get into Manchester the other week; pretty sure you can go straight from Mumps to Bury interchange. PS if you're still after a flag or something like I might be able to rustle up some material from the school I teach at. Maybe even get a kid to work on a design for us. I'm all for better atmosphere at the games; personally I sit in quieter side of Chaddy but enjoy the chat and banter. Plus I sing when there's something to get excited about (not that much this term).

Does anybody know the figures on the amount of fans we took to Tranmere?

Frankly, I thought the atmosphere (or lack of it) and support we took was really poor regardless of us playing awfully at the time. They're pretty much our derby this season.

And Bury, we'll take 1800 or so I imagine. If it was mid-season and we still had a fighting chance I'm sure we'd take around 3000+. Last season's drab affair will put some off, Preston away is within a week and if we win against Carlisle and Preston then we'll pretty much be safe so that will take some crowd away, too.

I'm sure if we had a successful season we'd start taking big followings, especially to these places but with money tight for most people want to know they're going to get value going to away games. Being in the relegation zone suggests they won't.

Edited by NewBlue

Get the tram pal. I live in Bury and will be going. A mate of mine from Chaddy used it to get into Manchester the other week; pretty sure you can go straight from Mumps to Bury interchange. PS if you're still after a flag or something like I might be able to rustle up some material from the school I teach at. Maybe even get a kid to work on a design for us. I'm all for better atmosphere at the games; personally I sit in quieter side of Chaddy but enjoy the chat and banter. Plus I sing when there's something to get excited about (not that much this term).

Nope mate you got to change at Victoria if coming from Oldham going to Bury.

Swindon we had a good 300 and odd and not many were interested in standing up or supporting the team. Lots of teams can create a good atmosphere away from home, why can't we?

I have very glum predicitions for Bury away, hope I'm proved wrong. Survival is vital.

Edited by SholverBlue

I can't believe some of the posts criticising the size and quality of our away support. We all know that our home gates are poor, mainly due to our proximity to Manchester. But the percentage of those supporters that follow the team away is phenomenal. Sheff United at the top of the league brought 3000ish to BP, that is one sixth of their average home gate. Reverse that and imagine us having a season contending for promotion, getting say 6000 crowds and only taking 1000 to Bramall Lane?

If we take 1800 to Bury that is half our average home crowd, how many clubs can boast that? Our away support is one of the few things we tics can be very proud of.

I think numbers have dropped off a bit, probably in line with the decline in the home support.

Plus we've been to most of the grounds so many times now a certain amount of apathy has kicked in, when we've had a 'new' ground, such as Preston/Kidderminster, the numbers have been decent.

I think numbers have dropped off a bit, probably in line with the decline in the home support.

Plus we've been to most of the grounds so many times now a certain amount of apathy has kicked in, when we've had a 'new' ground, such as Preston/Kidderminster, the numbers have been decent.

Numbers have dropped because under Dickov we were :censored:e, plain and simple.

If Johnson can get us competing at the top end of the division next season we will be taking a couple of thousand to places like Tranmere and Preston no probs!!

On Bury's site they have "Family Tickets" for 1 adult + 1 child at £20 - no stand mentioned, but these don't seem to be available according to the info on our official site - anyone know why?