Smith to Charlton?

oh i know, just think it's an easy excuse to say they got a 'knock' or injured, sure we did that with another player recently that got a 'knock' but was off in the summer

Just before he was taken off on Saturday he was on the ground for a while, he looked like he had done his ankle in and indicated "Game over" to the bench. The bench were already preparing a sub and it looked like he had previously indicated to them that he was struggling.

SC said weeks ago that he was off to the Championship on 4 times his current salary.

I don't think he will ever be more than an impact player who may grab a goal in the later stages of a game. He is far too slow to be a regular for me.

With best wishes, I hope he goes and gets a big contract somewhere else. I think he needs to move while his performances in the Cup are fresh in other club's mind. If he stays and has a bad season could have a fairly damning effect on his career in the game - it wasn't that long ago he was shipped off on loan to Macclesfield and there was talking of us releasing him at the end of his contract.

In my opinion, he misses too many sitters and (goal last Saturday aside) needs to improve with the ball at his feet. Maybe a move to a bigger club could turn him into a more complete player.

£100k a year? Really?

presumably if Bolton want him then they don't want Eaves who hasn't done too badly on various loans

They want him enough to recall him and give him a couple of runouts as a sub in a team challenging for the playoffs.

Found it :censored: how, after finishing Liverpool & Everton off, he was still benched.

He'll be off, no doubt. Shame but he did great for us and he's earned himself a place in Latics' history.

He didn't get benched after those games? He was injured.

Even at £2K+ a week I reckon he's well worth it after winning us all that dosh in the FA cup and saving us from relegation. He's still improving all the time and with has the knack of being in the right place at the right time, who knows what he'll be like and where Latic's will be,this time next season.

Looking at it this way it's worth adding the majority of a departing Simpsons wage to his . Smith is still very new to the professional game but has the attitude and now the coaching/management here to keep improving . If Lj gets the team around him right and implements his philosophy I can see smith getting us 20 goals . Who would complain if our 20 goal top scorer was one of our highest earners ? Not me .

Johnson said last night that Smith's "stock" is high and he will get offers from elsewhere.

He also said that Matt's development would be best served getting game time at a club like Oldham rather than sitting on the bench as an unused substitute elsewhere.

He will be offered a deal to stay at Boundary Park. But it's up to the player whether to accept it or not.

He also said he could see a scenario where Smith moves elsewhere but remains at BP on loan for an extended period.

Johnson said last night that Smith's "stock" is high and he will get offers from elsewhere.

He also said that Matt's development would be best served getting game time at a club like Oldham rather than sitting on the bench as an unused substitute elsewhere.

He will be offered a deal to stay at Boundary Park. But it's up to the player whether to accept it or not.

He also said he could see a scenario where Smith moves elsewhere but remains at BP on loan for an extended period.

He didn't quite say that. What LJ did say after he stated about believing that Matt Smith would be better off at Oldham to continue his coaching and improving his game, that should say a Leicester come in for him (where he'd be benched or less) he could see Matt Smith coming back on loan.

he's going, we need to come to terms with this... wasnt in the squad last night along with barnard - LJ only put players in the squad last night that will be here next year, i even think cisak might be offered another contract!

That's not quite right

Mvoto played and he is supposed to be off,

And Korey smith played and LJ stated he'd love to sign him, but he is a PREm PLayer (ie Prem wages) and hinted we could never afford him..

Doesn't mean Matt Smith is not going, but its not quite true to say only played those staying.