Hypothetical Situation: r.e. Cardiff City

Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Success over History?

• Yes
    • No

Here's the scenario: a Russian oligarch wants to take over the club, but says he will only invest if we agree to change our kit colour to all green and our nickname to, let's say the Green Owls. Would you feel uncomfortable throwing away decades of history and tradition for a shot at glory, or do you believe there's no room for sentiment in football anymore?

Cardiff-city-new-red-kit1.png

Nah, I'd rather be the pioneers of gaining success by making the best of our resources, trusting our youth players and being self self-sufficient. Lee Johnson sticks to his word and we build this new stand and we could be in a good position to do this.

I wouldn't like someone to come in and spend lots of money on a load of mercenaries. I'd rather do it properly and really earn it.

Nah, I'd rather be the pioneers of gaining success by making the best of our resources, trusting our youth players and being self self-sufficient. Lee Johnson sticks to his word and we build this new stand and we could be in a good position to do this.

I wouldn't like someone to come in and spend lots of money on a load of mercenaries. I'd rather do it properly and really earn it.

agree just like last time make it all the more sweeter.

But I would not boycott id it did happen.

I don't want success if I'm being honest. I couldn't support a PL Latics nor could I feel the same way about a team with no history or traditions. It's one of the things I hold dear with Latics. I'd be more than happy to see us play in the Conference providing things were OK off the pitch.

You don't get to choose the colour... That's the point...

Well in this hypothetical situation, i'm simply saying that not green, in preference, but i'd accept the success/investment... That's my point...

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Success everytime.

I think the results might be a little bit different if the hypothetical Russian Oligarch saved us from going bankrupt though. As the landlords saving us has allowed them to do a lot of damage without complaint from some quarters and without any success too.That damage is IMHO a lot more significant than changing the colour of our kit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ken Bates bring in the tangerine kit as the home kit to begin with?

The thing you have to look at is has the change in kit been the reason for their success? I don't think it has made the difference

Have Hyde done something similar?

I'd accept a bit of tinkering for a promotion / success. Ground name change or the like. It's all about how far you're willing to go though. If there are changes the our name, colours, badge and history to the point we're unrecognisable as Oldham Athletic, we may as well pursue the Manchester North End route for success (something about 95% on here were against).