Marwan Koukash

Decent source tittle-tattled this relevation.

Doesn't mean it's true of course but it did tie in with what they were saying about the heat being applied to the commercial side to try and flog anything and everything.

That's just good business sense and a more assertive approach within the commercial team. Crikey, most Premiership clubs are doing the same but it doesn't mean they cant pay the wages.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scratch2000uk

The council promised to find Roughyeds a new home when they demolished Watesheddings. It never happened.

I think it was labour who promised that, then the Lib dems won the local elections and put the kibosh on the plan,iirc.

"The Jordan-born 54 year old also stated that he has people lined up who can step in to move both clubs forward." "If you have the right strategy and the doers', then you become the facilitator".

Sounds to me like he's putting together a consortium.

I don't really want to go another few years in a decrepit 3 sided stadium but the Koukash vision looks to be the way forward.

With planning issues/permission etc. it could take another 5 years to materialise but so be it, I want Latics to survive in the long term and it's plainly obvious that obtaining the capital to build this stand is becoming a real problem....even if it get's built we have no waiting tennants.

To be honest it's a third division stand and will not create enough income to allow the club to become self sufficient. We have 2 if not 3 more stands to build so the three sided look is here to stay.

Corney has been fantastic since he arrived but also totally unsuccessful in taking the club forward.

TTA'S should cut their losses by selling the club, and keeping the land. How much more money are they going to lose over the next few seasons....they are never going to recoup their outlay no matter how long they stay.

If it's a new stadium, I'd use a Rotherham as the starting point for design.

I'm quite happy with the BP plans already in place though.

Same, big fan of Rotherham's. I also like Preston's Deepdale with design based upon Sampdoria's ground. Obviously a smaller version for us but the style is good.

I'd take almost anything over Colchester's or Northampton's.

I drive past the Salford stadium once or twice a day. In fact one morning last week I had the dubious fortune of sitting looking at it for nearly an hour.

In terms of stadium design - and potential for expansion - it could be worse. But you're never going to achieve a great atmosphere when you're overlooking a motorway, a ship canal and a water treatment works. I bet the pies taste rank with inescapable smell of sewage and carbon monoxide in your nostrils.

Does anyone else worry if he builds a new stadium it'll be a new soulless one like he made for Salford? I'd prefer a new stand at BP if the new stadium was similar to that.

Don't think he made it, think he just joined Sale Sharks in using it before it was finished.

Guest Scratch2000uk

If in doubt, blame the Lib Dems. Tulsehill would be proud of you. :laught30:

I'm sure that's the way it went, supposedly building on the Westwood track, then blocked it and they sold it to B&Q.??

They haven't got it to stump up even if they wanted to.

They wouldn't stump up the cash if they did have it. Oldham council wouldn't be bothered if both latics and rugby weren't around, let's not forget they put the block on the sports park 2000 bid,which was to aid the football and rugby teams.

Having trawled through most of this I don't remember seeing anything that concerns me most about this whole scenario.

MK is reported to have said that Oldham is a rugby town.

Given that his connection with Salford would seem to show that he is primarily interested in rugby, then should this project go ahead would Latics become 2nd class citizens and have to play 2nd fiddle to the egg chasers?

They wouldn't stump up the cash if they did have it. Oldham council wouldn't be bothered if both latics and rugby weren't around, let's not forget they put the block on the sports park 2000 bid,which was to aid the football and rugby teams.

Could there be any possibility of the sports park 2000 option being raised again? Would make perfect sense to swap Clayton's with the BP site.

Having trawled through most of this I don't remember seeing anything that concerns me most about this whole scenario.

Given that his connection with Salford would seem to show that he is primarily interested in rugby, then should this project go ahead would Latics become 2nd class citizens and have to play 2nd fiddle to the egg chasers?

Ask Stockport fans if they can relate to that!

He's not a Rugby man, he's just someone who wants a sporting portfolio, he started off as a race horse owner and I think he owns a track somewhere. He clearly wants a football club to add to his collection.

Quite right too! Why should someone go to work in Oldham to subsidize my stupid hobby?

The rugby team gets crowds of 300 we would need to drop badly to become second fiddle to them.