Kevin Davies has moved to PNE

Peter Beagrie and the Sky boys will be jizzing themselves over this.

In reality he is a striker who doesn't score goals whose legs went years ago, Preston have been had over.

Never had blistering pace over the first ten yards. Depends on how well his team mates utilise his hold up play. I don't think he'll bag more than ten.

Good signing but it depends how much money he is on. If he's on a fair chunk of cash and his legs go, then it may be a bad signing.

Cliff Byrne is going to get his shorts with the large pocket in them out for 9th September.

Great signing at this level, Davies could have still cut it at Notlob for another 12 months. It's the players around him that are the key as other posters have alluded to. Just had a quick look at PNE's squad and they're not all that tbh. The positives are Davies and Larry, who has managed to get Blackpool, Leeds and Huddersfield promoted out of this division.

I think they'll be up there, but not quite good enough, top 10 finish for me. Still believe Wolves will steamroll this division. I know big clubs like Leeds, both the Sheffield clubs and many more have struggled to get out, but Wolves should be a different class. Also, they've just signed Sam Ricketts and Leigh Griffiths who's record suggests he will score goals.

Steve Howard never had blistering pace but was very effective in this league.

Was he? According to Hartlepool fans he was :censored:e. They're only half decent run last season was when he was injured.

Davies is a great signing though, if Grayson uses him well he'll be very effective.

Was he? According to Hartlepool fans he was :censored:e. They're only half decent run last season was when he was injured.

Davies is a great signing though, if Grayson uses him well he'll be very effective.

When he played for Luton and Leicester he was more effective - I'd have him as past it now, even though he moved back up to the Championship last season.