The New Away Kit Reaction Thread

Stewart Lee deconstructs his jokes so much better than this....

Couldn't care less about the kit but can't let a Stewart Lee reference pass unmarked. His book explaining his process is one of the most fascinating pieces of writing I have ever read.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...85% OF Women in oldham dont wear pink either ,so please tell us why this colour was picked ,cause we all want to know ??

Only a small percentage of Oldhamers go to BP, so what were the odds on me seeing three of the other 15% at BP yesterday? One works for the Club and the other two were sat at the front of the RRE, all wearing virtually the same shade of pink.

i dont normally wear pink myself, but i really like the kit so ill be getting one in a couple of weeks

I don't normally wear pink, but I've nothing against the colour (except the name 'virtual') and I love raspberries. Mrs. S. bought the shirt yesterday and no doubt I'll wear it occasionally.

Quite like it and I don't really like the home kit much so i might get this one, I wear pink fairly often anyway. Some attitudes on here seem to be stuck solidly in the past but thats not exactly shocking. To be honest i don't really care what the kits look like as long as the home is blue and white, it's the football that i'm bothered about.

i like it.

wife recently persuaded me to buy a pink shirt for work, and i have to say, im quite happy with it

even had a couple of compliments from the ladies, which is a rarity at best!, so ill be purchasing,

Nowt wrong with a pink work shirt, I've got a couple myself! Up until the 1940s, pink was the traditional male colour for infants and blue the female colour.

Re the kit, I don't think its too bad but won't be buying it.

People who know me know i wear alot of pink and will be buying this shirt. I think this is actually quite clever as i feel it is aimed at the tounger generations. It's mainly kids who wear football shirts i would assume and all my kids love it! It will also be popular with females.

To be fair, I always remembered Tranmere having a claret and blue away kit - and in the flesh the chequerboard effect isn't as prevalent. It reminds me of some of the better eighties kit designs and that's okay with me.

As I didn't go to the game, and can't tell on my computer, are the shorts / socks black or dark blue?

You'l find they are actually really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really dark blue.

f6pUlDP.jpg