Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

Really some of the critics should take a long hard look at reality.

Jose Who....? gone as others, yes some heroes, others maybe not, as is the present line with some at B.P. to make them scapegoats, which baffles me as a football fan, ex-player, coach etc....why should anyone want to "boo" a player in any sport for making a mistake.

Think what the Spurs fans must be feeeling with the Gareth Bale saga....and he really is a world class talent, lost from their club.

There are dozens more in the same situation...it's modern day football, players come and go as they please and there is sod all we can do about it to be honest as contracts appear worthless.

If there was a "sell on" clause in J.B's contract so be it, I'll personally believe that LJ and SC did all they could to talk JB into giving a move serious thought, then even, though I believe they could have made him honour his terms if the clause was not met...LJ would not allow a player who clearly then would be unhappy to be part of OAFC...so Jose has departed, thank goodness he wasn't in the same class as Bale.

Also I think Latics fans should consider themselves lucky to have a Chairman who has, despite the many obnoxious comments made about him, here and on other message boards.! basically kept the club alive and I honestly believe in really good shape, and whilst I'd love to challenge the SC critics to prove some of the total nonsense they contribute, I can't be bothered getting into pointless discussion with fables or guesses as evidence.

Midsblue, I believe you make a great deal of valid points and fair comments, I knew of you from the past, but we'll leave that as irrelevant.

Latics fans who make claims about money being filtered or even filched over whatever pond, lake or river are in my mind....way off the mark, and in anycase, surely whatever funds put in to the club by the previous 2 Amigo's is rightfully a debt we as OAFC owe them, surely they have a right to be paid back something in whatever way as long as it's legal and I'm certain it is or will be.

Take at look at Blackpool, having been promoted to the Premiership and won what is claimed as the biggest single game prize in football, supposedly over £90m plus, plus and more plusses, then the parachute payments when they got relegated....it is probably closer to a figure in excess of £140m...what happened to it...? Paul Ince can't squeeze much out of The Chairman's wallet.... and his Dad, the previous Chairman and still majoir owner of Blackpool F.C. was reported as having taken back £29m that he'd put into the club over many years.

Blackpool survive but their fans are sickened by what goes on....... but they're like the majoroity of clubs, whereas Latics are stable and I believe not in debt other than the normal running costs of such an empire, which fans appear to forget the staff behind the scenes and there are dozens of them, they all have to be paid as do the Management and players, 4000 gates don't meet these costs by a mile.

Latics fans are now in a great position to see something really positive happening at our club, surely the time for snide remarks and wild suggestions about club funds should stop and be forgotten now and the present Manager supported with his fully supportive and converted Latics fan Chairman...?

In all my many years as a supporter of my club I can only recall good times like this....sadly it was when Ken Bates appeared on the scene !

KTF....and best wishes and regards Midsblue...

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....Midsblue, I believe you make a great deal of valid points and fair comments, I knew of you from the past, but we'll leave that as irrelevant.........KTF....and best wishes and regards Midsblue...

Thanks for the feedback...Do I know you?

Big thanks to Jose for what he did for us. I'm sad to see him go as undoubtedly he helped us survive last season and was a real talent.

I'm not sure exactly what he did for us?

Surely we did more for him given that he had been rejected by Palace and others and was struggling to find a club. We gave him the chance and he did his job....it is their bleeding job......and then left for a "better" job a year

You don't earn legendary status after one year, we move on.

He scored 17 goals for us and set-up a few more too. I think someone who does their job well deserves some plaudits. Legend? No. Decent player? Yes.

No hard feelings from me, he owed us nothing and we owed him nothing. You're right; we just move on and hopefully progress without him.

Man of match for them today, sheff utd fans buzzing over him already (no surprise tbh)

As we all know, give him space and he's trouble, free kicks and penalties too.

Get in his face, on his back, hassle him and he can't fight his way out and he gets outmuscled

No hard feelings but we know how he plays. Need some yard dogs in midfield to be biting his ankles when we play them. If he s the best they have got now, then we have no worries.

As we all know, give him space and he's trouble, free kicks and penalties too.

Get in his face, on his back, hassle him and he can't fight his way out and he gets outmuscled

No hard feelings but we know how he plays. Need some yard dogs in midfield to be biting his ankles when we play them. If he s the best they have got now, then we have no worries.

He's probably the best creative mid in the division, I'd hardly say we have 'no worries' - if we can crowd him out he'll struggle but he only needs one moment to make something as we've seen time and again, he'll be a thorn in our side I think.

Been told by a Yorkshire Journo on twitter that the co-chair of the group that controls Sheff U told him that Sheff U paid more than £250k for Jose if the add-ons are included. So the £150-200k being banded about is probably a true reflection of the initial sale but not necessarily a true reflection of the total sale if the add-on clauses are met. I'd guess they probably include additional money after certain amount of games and if Sheff U get promoted plus a sell-on clause.