LJ's Assistant

I can't help but wonder what an experienced assistant would add at the moment. We're nearly there, maybe someone who's been through a run like ours would give us that extra 'savvy' Johnson wanted?

So is there any more money from the Baxter sale?

We added 4 players from the Baxter money so prob not...I am confident with the current team and mimms and Steele involved as well!

Lets not forget Billy Q rocking the boat next to him on the bench now kicking off with opposition assistant managers!

When asked by Gordon some time ago he intimated that experienced people are set in their ways. He was probably talking about ex managers who are out of work, and he wished to carry on as things are. That maybe because he would rather spend money available to him on players.

Agreed about the experienced ones might have a completely different outlook on the game and although can be a good thing adding a new dimension to our shape I cant help think it might ruin the style slightly to what we have now. Fresh ideas are what this club have needed it, now we have one - and its working - lets step back and watch it evolve.

I can't help but wonder what an experienced assistant would add at the moment. We're nearly there, maybe someone who's been through a run like ours would give us that extra 'savvy' Johnson wanted?

So is there any more money from the Baxter sale?

Sven is coming in... Koukash is funding it.

Can't remember the last time I was this excited about our prospects, it may take LJ another 12 months to set up exactly what he wants along with Murray who has also impressed me

It should be a fantastic 12 months of football with IMO no worries about relegation.

My only worry is that LJ is poached before he accomplishes anything of note

My only worry is that LJ is poached before he accomplishes anything of note

I truly believe that if LJ was to be approached by a bigger club, which we shouldn't be worrying about yet anyway, he would decline for the time-being to complete the job he's started with us as, from what I've seen and heard, he's a perfectionist.

When it comes to an assistant I don't think I'd bother at the moment. His team selection hasn't been the reason we're losing. It's more a bit of bad luck and some uncontrollable errors. When it comes to tactics I've been very impressed. Perhaps maybe some questionable substitutions a couple of times but he's barely managed 20 league matches so I'm sure he'll pick it up quickly.

I truly believe that if LJ was to be approached by a bigger club, which we shouldn't be worrying about yet anyway, he would decline for the time-being to complete the job he's started with us as, from what I've seen and heard, he's a perfectionist.

When it comes to an assistant I don't think I'd bother at the moment. His team selection hasn't been the reason we're losing. It's more a bit of bad luck and some uncontrollable errors. When it comes to tactics I've been very impressed. Perhaps maybe some questionable substitutions a couple of times but he's barely managed 20 league matches so I'm sure he'll pick it up quickly.

I don't think an assistant would necessarily just help with team selection and tactics. Having an assistant might take some of the weight off Johnson's shoulders and lighten his workload as well as - if this assistant was an experienced man particularly - help him instil a little more professional discipline.

Having said that it could be that Johnson is using Murray as an assistant, just not giving him that title. It's a fairly flexible role after all.