BT Sport

I couldn't go last night, the all ticket in advance ruled that out, so watched it on BT Sport.

I've been watching their coverage of the Skrill Premier and TBH, have found it a little annoying. Clem interviewing the manager mid-game, Helen Skelton adding absolutely nothing at all with her interviews with fans mid game and being on the pitch at HT to talk to the players warming up etc. i see what they're trying to do - i just don't think they've got it quite right yet.

However - have to say, last nights coverage of our game, i thought was spot on.

For a change, a lead anchor who knows his stuff and isnt a patronising :censored: (Adrien Chiles!) - and, whilst they did give slightly more air time to Mansfield; TBF, they were the home team and the lower league side so i can see why. That said - i thought; for a change, there wasnt an angle and it was balanced reporting and coverage for both sides.

Whisper it on here - as there is a real bad-blood feeling towards him since he left - but i also thought Paul Dickov was excellent as one of the 2 pundit guests. Fair, honest and complimentary towards us and our players & LJ.

I would have loved to have been there in person - but, as i couldnt, having very good TV coverage was an added bonus really.

Well done BT Sport - keep it up!

I couldn't go last night, the all ticket in advance ruled that out, so watched it on BT Sport.

I've been watching their coverage of the Skrill Premier and TBH, have found it a little annoying. Clem interviewing the manager mid-game, Helen Skelton adding absolutely nothing at all with her interviews with fans mid game and being on the pitch at HT to talk to the players warming up etc. i see what they're trying to do - i just don't think they've got it quite right yet.

However - have to say, last nights coverage of our game, i thought was spot on.

For a change, a lead anchor who knows his stuff and isnt a patronising :censored: (Adrien Chiles!) - and, whilst they did give slightly more air time to Mansfield; TBF, they were the home team and the lower league side so i can see why. That said - i thought; for a change, there wasnt an angle and it was balanced reporting and coverage for both sides.

Whisper it on here - as there is a real bad-blood feeling towards him since he left - but i also thought Paul Dickov was excellent as one of the 2 pundit guests. Fair, honest and complimentary towards us and our players & LJ.

I would have loved to have been there in person - but, as i couldnt, having very good TV coverage was an added bonus really.

Well done BT Sport - keep it up!

I have BT Sport as a freebie through broadband with Internet access only. It never works properly..freezing-up or stuttering. I always have to search for other streams. I am not criticizing their approach, as I feel it will settle and get better. But the service does not function well enough for Internet users.

Another word about Dickov, he referred to us as "We" a few times.

I don't get the bad blood between some fans and him, he made mistakes but also gave us one of our best memories, he also lifted us out of the doldrums we found ourselves in during the Penny era and set us back on the right course.

I can't believe I've seen on here comments that Warnock wasn't so bad, the man who came out with the line "It won't be a disaster if this club goes down." Well Colin, we're still in this effin division, so it was a bloody disaster you over-opinionated, over-blown chiropodist.

I quite enjoy their coverage too.

With Sky, you get some half arsed "pro" talking a load of bollocks, a ten minute pre game slot, and virtually nothing afterwards.

I think BT are a breath of fresh air.

Which is not to say that I'd pay for it - I've only got it because I have BT's broadband. I don't even have Sky sports.....

I liked the coverage last night. Dickov spoke eloquently and clearly showed he feels no animosity to the club. If only some of our fans would reciprocate. Beattie was okay, just average. I didn't mind Warnock either, he quite obviously loves football.

Another word about Dickov, he referred to us as "We" a few times.

I don't get the bad blood between some fans and him, he made mistakes but also gave us one of our best memories, he also lifted us out of the doldrums we found ourselves in during the Penny era and set us back on the right course.

I can't believe I've seen on here comments that Warnock wasn't so bad, the man who came out with the line "It won't be a disaster if this club goes down." Well Colin, we're still in this effin division, so it was a bloody disaster you over-opinionated, over-blown chiropodist.

Warnock's summarising was excellent, sympathising with the rough treatment the Latics players were getting with no protection from the referee.

He also he showed a real sense of humour, give me him any time as a pundit rather than Roy Keane.

Edited by BP1960

Apparently I've reached my upboat quota for the day but I concur with the positivity about Dickov, who always appears to be the archetypal 'top bloke', as well as having an enthusiasm for the club and giving us some great moments. Indeed moments that were my best times supporting the club.

Of course he was going to blame the budget for his shortcomings here, he'd left us in the relegation zone so he's going to have to justify that to his new club and their supporters in a manner that isn't 'I couldn't get the best out of the players'.

Darren Fletcher is an excellent commentator too, I've met him before and he was a nice guy too.

I knew it had been a while but didn't realise it was 83 games since our last 0-0 (that bore draw at Bury in 2012). Warnock loved the stat but I'd rather not have that stat and for us to have held onto a couple of 0-0s in the dying seconds this season alone...

Wouldn't mind seeing Warnock signed up to Sky after that - better than Quinn!

Dickov was also excellent, could tell instantly that he wanted us to win, even if just for the lads that he coached while he was here. He also spoke about Corney, sounded like they still like eachother and infact there is no bad blood between them.

Can't believe I'm going to join in with the Warnock praise but credit to the bloke. He takes a genuine interest in, and has a good knowledge of, lower league football and is not one of these pundits who can't see past the Prem league and who think football was invented in the early 90s.

Also agree - Dickov top bloke - lets not forget his reaction when we scored against Everton.

Its your line. Your not on powerline adaptors are you? Ours is faultless cracking picture on cat5 and broadband still fast in other areas. (Thats on infinity 2)

I'm not on a super-fast connection, my average speed is around 19-20mb/s. What really bugs me is that I can go and find a stream that is available and it plays perfectly well, with a good picture and no stuttering. The irony is, that the stream I had to watch last night, was from someone broadcasting the BT Sport stream itself..and it was much better. Crazy.

The iPad app worked miles better than Sky's offering too.

Dunno. It worked well mostly, but it froze three or four times during the match. One of which was when a Mansfield player tried an overhead kick right at the start of the second half which looked like a goal and I had to wait several minutes with my heart in my mouth to get it back. The SKY app runs fine for me and goes a little blocky and pixelly occasionally when the signal drops a little. I'm not complaining though, I'm watching through two different mates' accounts.

I feared the worst when I'm sure I heard Warnock say at the start: "Well, I've obviously not watched either team". But then I guess without going to see both teams live, how could he? He also sounded like he was going to be very biased toward Mansfield at the start but if anything it was the other way. You can tell he just loves football too, although he's quite a negative person. By that I mean he dwells on everything that goes wrong, sympathising with the team or the player, but just came across as a bit of a moaning old bloke.

Still, thought he was pretty good though and much more honest and football fan-like than other pundits who just trot out irrelevant clichés.

Also enjoyed Dickov, he looked pretty sheepish as if admitting he'd dropped a bollock by passing over Philliskirk in the summer!

The commentator tried to squeeze in every bit of trivia possible, and had a lengthy debate about rertospective bookings/sending-off, but when he drops basic gaffs like Chris Winchester and 'upoto Saturday's defeat Oldham hadn't won in nine' you did begin to question the depth of his revision notes.

Colin -always entertaining and never has a bad word for Oldham.

PD - good pundit. What bad blood? Where did that come from? I thought most people liked him, it just didn't work out.

I actually like what they're trying to do. Freshen things up and don't treat us like am afterthought in the build up to the next premier bore. Not quite polished, but i'd say keep going in the same spirit.

Warnock and Dickov excellent. Resentment for Dickov is silly as he showed he wanted us to do well when he was on ITV for the Everton match. Getting BT Sport on-line always has a good picture as well. Its nice to see your team get proper coverage for a change.

Edited by Mullet