Toothless

They do already.

What's your actual line-up with that formatiom BP?

Interested to see how you place our players in that formation.

I dont think you can have Wes, Smith, Harkins, one other and still play 2 strikers like you have in that formation: so am interested to see who would play where and in what shape.

(With who we have now; i'm a 4-2-3-1 man myself!!)

Edited by slystallone

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you'd have Wes in the holding role and Smith, Harkins, Dayton/Petrasso/Worral across the midfield 3. Philliskirk up front with Rooney or MacDonald. Would be a lot of covering work for Smith and the other midfielder if Harkins has free licence though.

Worth a try at home I reckon.

What's your actual line-up with that formatiom BP?

Interested to see how you place our players in that formation.

I dont think you can have Wes, Smith, Harkins, one other and still play 2 strikers like you have in that formation: so am interested to see who would play where and in what shape.

(With who we have now; i'm a 4-2-3-1 man myself!!)

My thoughts exactly.

I agree that something needs to change but I don't believe Peterborough, Wolves and MK Dons are the teams to do this against.

But will we score a goal against any of them anyway with the present system?

Edited by BP1960

But will we score a goal against any of them anyway ?

We don't concede too many but against these 3 teams we could be exposed badly if we decide to change the makeup of the midfield.

Lack of goals is a problem we've suffered for years. Let's not try and fix that in arguably the most testing home games of the season.

We don't concede too many but against these 3 teams we could be exposed badly if we decide to change the makeup of the midfield.

Lack of goals is a problem we've suffered for years. Let's not try and fix that in arguably the most testing home games of the season.

But the the likelihood if nothing changes Johnny we will lose them all 1-0.

But the the likelihood if nothing changes Johnny we will lose them all 1-0.

Exactly my point. These simply aren't the games to risk a Southampton / Peterborough type implosion at home. 0-1? 0-5? I know which I'd risk happening.

There'll be enough points to play for in the remaining 17 games.

Exactly my point. These simply aren't the games to risk a Southampton / Peterborough type implosion at home. 0-1? 0-5? I know which I'd risk happening.

There'll be enough points to play for in the remaining 17 games.

We should not play 'with a fear of conceding goals' football Johnny, these teams are not in the class of Southampton and the old Peterborough, have a go at them.

I'm thinking that he's written an article that makes more sense than some of the reactionary codswhallop that (not-suprisingly) usually gets rolled out after a loss.

You didn't answer my question rummy, is the team toothless ?

toothless dictionary definition in the Latics in front of goal context;

"Lacking in sharpness or bite"

Edited by BP1960

Are you hoping that if you write "toothless" enough times that he will write another article about it?

We are not scoring enough and it needs addressing before the end if the window....we all know this just please stop using the term toothless.

Edited by palmer1

Are you hoping that if you write "toothless" enough times that he will write another article about it?

We are not scoring enough and it needs addressing before the end if the window....we all know this just please stop using the term toothless.

No teeth then.

Edited by BP1960