Dan Maguire

"Small, quick centre forward. Nick name "NIPA" haha. Caused loads of problems, never stopped running! Quite small but looked decent at non league level. Never let the Ashton defence settle on the ball"

One of my friends happened to be at the Ashton United game at weekend and saw Maguire, although he didn't score he created a lot apparently. 17 goals this season, none from the spot according to the evostik website.

Recent hattrick here:

Looks a bit small mind.

Anyone any insight? BP1960?

http://blythspartansafc.co.uk/new_php/?p=10576

I seem to remember a very busy striker playing for Blyth at Droylsden last season, but Droylsden were so poor then it was hard to judge.

Can confirm that @DanMaguire8 has been invited to a trial with @OfficialOAFC. Full article online now http://blythspartansafc.co.uk/new_php/?p=10576

Edited by BP1960

Mark Ward was only little but he's one of (if not the) best non-league signings we've ever had (he's still one of the best right-sided players we've ever had).

Nipper looks well worth a trial....

Woops, trial and Wardy in the same breath....thoughtless of me

Edited by bigfatjoe1

Well worth having a look at him, however it is a massive step up and if he does well he'll be one for next season. I can't believe he'll be fit enough or strong enough to make an immediate impact.

Which still leaves our little goal problem to sort out. It says in the rarely that both Aberdeen and Hibs are after Rooney. They are two of the bigger clubs from SPL and if he were to move on, as well as saving our biggest wage would we get any sort of fee?

From a Blyth fan on another forum -

"Nippa is a great little player , came in originally as a squad player last season from Northern Alliance side Seaton Delaval but soon forced his way into team and won player of the year last season !.

Currently top scorer thanks to destroying Stafford inside 16 minute last Saturday.

He'll run himself into the ground for the cause and never gives defenders a minutes rest and has improved his finishing recently.

He's on a contract with the club having the option for next season.

Would be a massive loss to lose him at this stage of the season but club have never stood in a players way however its very very early days and just a trial plenty of players go on trial and it never comes to any thing."

Anyone any insight? BP1960?

http://blythspartansafc.co.uk/new_php/?p=10576

Yes. I saw him play in November where he was largely kept out of the game, so it's hard to say if it's the same player. Spartans lost 3-0. I've seen better in the NPL this year, although that's not fair considering my previous statement and clearly I don't watch Blyth every week. Decent fans, mind - very vocal for a small following.