Belezika free to leave

I'm with Johnson on this........a full season of reserve games and training against one decent game against Orient.......he's obviously not good enough.

Not just the Orient game - we had a decent run with him in the starting line-up when we were scrapping for points to stay up last season (lost once to Shrewsbury, I think..).

I think he was worth hanging onto, especially as he as age on his side.

He was given an unnecessary pay-rise in the summer too, wasn't he. Perhaps something has happened off the field that may eventually come out in due course. As whilst he looked OK when he had that short run in the side at the end of last season and he has age on his side, I don't think he could realistically expect to go higher in football than this level and maybe he hasn't progressed as some thought he would this year, hence why he hasn't really featured much.

Anyway good luck to the lad, when he does leave.

If he had shown sufficient potential, would we have played Grounds at CB, or signed Wilson & Lockwood, who have gone straight into the first team? Whilst he had a very good game at Orient and a decent end to last season, maybe he just hasn't lived up to that standard since in the ressies. LJ knows better than us, I suppose.

Struggled to kick a ball properly. Anyone else notice that?

Not surprised by this.

This, and L-F below for me too.

I saw him play a few times when he had a little run in the side last season; and TBH - he filled me with dread.

His main fundamental flaw was that he couldn't actually kick the ball properly. Slice, skewed or bobbled every time.

A natural athlete? possibly.

Something to work with? again - possibly - maybe.

But, as he came into the game late; he lacked the positional know-how others of even his age had, and his technique on the ball was appalling for someone who was on pro terms.

I'm not surprised by this at all.

Good luck to the lad in trying to stay in the game and earn a living from it mind, but for me, this news holds absolutely no surprises whatsoever.

Meltdown in 3... 2... 1....

Soccer is actually the British word for it, a contraction of Association Football, as opposed to Rugby Football. Nowt wrong with the word soccer or calling football soccer.

Some people dislike the word soccer in the belief it is an Americanism but they yanks only use soccer to differentiate the game from their sport of Hand Egg.

handegg.jpg

Soccer is actually the British word for it, a contraction of Association Football, as opposed to Rugby Football. Nowt wrong with the word soccer or calling football soccer.

Some people dislike the word soccer in the belief it is an Americanism but they yanks only use soccer to differentiate the game from their sport of Hand Egg.

handegg.jpg

It was a joke, I know that some people despise the use of it to the point were it makes them angry when somebody uses it.

I quite liked him when I saw him play at Orient. He looked pretty raw but his positives outweighed his negatives in my opinion. Mainly that he has more pace than the average centre-back.

He'll probably end up playing in the Conference but nor would I be surprised if he spends some time in League 2.