The tide seems to be turning and the wrong person is getting the blame

Well the tide seems to be turning against our manager, football has gone down hill, our team is full of loan players who have a habit of not fighting in a relegation scrap and we are well and truly sucked into another relegation scrap. The fans are talking with their feet, one of the lowest crowds at BP (excluding away fans) I have seen for a league game.

LJ has a contract for another 2 years and I very much doubt the club can afford to sack him even if they wanted to.

When will fans start to look at the Board? SC gave the club a lifeline 10 years ago, for me that is well well in the past, this club is dying a slow death, the stand will not save this club alone, our club has gone from 6-7k crowd to 3-3.5k in 4 or 5 years.

SC has to get his cheque book out and sign a proven striker, if not we go down. a Luke Beckett, Matt Derbyshire type or we are done and I fear never to return.

I want SC to answer the fans questions with regards to the position of the club, the money, the ownership of the new stand and his plans for the club. Our club has been up for sale for 6 years and no takers, this is due to what he is asking for.

Rotherham are no bigger than we are and look at them!

This man is slowly ripping the soul out of OAFC and the quicker everyone realises it the better

CORNEY OUT

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The management of the squad ,players In and out,during the season is illogical from a playing point of view.it strikes me that other financial pressures are lurking in the background, is it the stand and/or the investor loan repayments are taking priority?

We moan about LJ ,Simon,Barry etc. but We have a Chief Executive who never puts his head above the parapet. What is his role in all this? Is he really just the Club Accountant and Chief Executive in name ?what responsibility does he have for what goes on ?

I think everyone knows my views on Corney but Johnson is far from blameless. The guy has shown very little sign that he's cut out for management.

And he has four years left on his contract.

We're not sure what clauses are in the contract. I can't believe we'd extend the length of Johnson's contract without a relegation get-out clause, or something that perhaps wasn't in there in the original contract, to balance something in the club's favour if it all goes pear-shaped.

Getting rid of Johnson would be futile anyway as we'd just appoint another cheap option of the same mould.

Edited by JoeP

Well the tide seems to be turning against our manager, football has gone down hill, our team is full of loan players who have a habit of not fighting in a relegation scrap and we are well and truly sucked into another relegation scrap. The fans are talking with their feet, one of the lowest crowds at BP (excluding away fans) I have seen for a league game.

LJ has a contract for another 2 years and I very much doubt the club can afford to sack him even if they wanted to.

When will fans start to look at the Board? SC gave the club a lifeline 10 years ago, for me that is well well in the past, this club is dying a slow death, the stand will not save this club alone, our club has gone from 6-7k crowd to 3-3.5k in 4 or 5 years.

SC has to get his cheque book out and sign a proven striker, if not we go down. a Luke Beckett, Matt Derbyshire type or we are done and I fear never to return.

I want SC to answer the fans questions with regards to the position of the club, the money, the ownership of the new stand and his plans for the club. Our club has been up for sale for 6 years and no takers, this is due to what he is asking for.

Rotherham are no bigger than we are and look at them!

This man is slowly ripping the soul out of OAFC and the quicker everyone realises it the better

CORNEY OUT

How?

So, Corney goes then what? Who would want to buy Oldham. Without Corney Oldham Athletic wouldn't exist anymore and at least he has stuck around, seeing his money go to waste effectively but certainly not sold Oldham Athletic down the river and nor would I want him to!

Bring Koukash in people say? Yeah because he has a clear interest in investing in Oldham Athletic and making Oldham a fantastic team with a bit of cash, NEVER was that his plan and Corney saw that and told him to do one.

Be very careful what you wish for because if Corney goes then we are in deep :censored:, so just keep that in mind.

This isn't me saying that I think Corney is fantastic because I don't but i respect him for sticking about and keeping the club going and also coming in the first place after the Moore fiasco so I don't really know what you expect

Whilst im not defending corney - i think he has made some poor choices this year. Corney out is a weird statement, where is this great queue of people waiting to take over a football club which is hemorrhaging money.

More worryingly, the cycle replicated every year at the end of the season has happened mid-season this time.

We lost Rooney and never replaced him.

We've lost Tarky, Lanzoni, Mills, Baxter too and that's just during the season.

There's no coincidence we looked a force at the beginning of the season and we're :censored:e now. It's the reason that we're now dog:censored:. 5 of our best players have left in the middle of the campaign and 4 of them replaced by useless dross and the other, Baxter, was irreplaceable at our level.

I don't think LJ's philosophy has changed, his team has changed under his nose.

Whilst im not defending corney - i think he has made some poor choices this year. Corney out is a weird statement, where is this great queue of people waiting to take over a football club which is hemorrhaging money.

I'm not saying Corney out, just asking what he thinks of the current situation?

Our board is an accountant, an ex-copper from the 80s, an estate agent and a bloke who made good money from phones. Might beat a bloke who made money from coaches who was appointed by a brewery and a lawyer, plus at times a builder, but the sad indictment is it might not.

So, Corney goes then what? Who would want to buy Oldham. Without Corney Oldham Athletic wouldn't exist anymore and at least he has stuck around, seeing his money go to waste effectively but certainly not sold Oldham Athletic down the river and nor would I want him to!

Bring Koukash in people say? Yeah because he has a clear interest in investing in Oldham Athletic and making Oldham a fantastic team with a bit of cash, NEVER was that his plan and Corney saw that and told him to do one.

Be very careful what you wish for because if Corney goes then we are in deep :censored:, so just keep that in mind.

This isn't me saying that I think Corney is fantastic because I don't but i respect him for sticking about and keeping the club going and also coming in the first place after the Moore fiasco so I don't really know what you expect

We're in deep :censored: if he goes - but I think we're also in deep :censored: if he stays!

Constantly doing things on the cheap and hoping for the best are just going to mean a slow death, instead of a quick one. It seems he's hoping luck instead of good management will move us forward and, based on the last ten years, I can't see that happening. I hope I'm wrong and hope that what he's trying to do here comes off, but it needs to happen sooner rather than later, before the damage is beyond repair.

Edited by JoeP

More worryingly, the cycle replicated every year at the end of the season has happened mid-season this time.

We lost Rooney and never replaced him.

We've lost Tarky, Lanzoni, Mills, Baxter too and that's just during the season.

There's no coincidence we looked a force at the beginning of the season and we're :censored:e now. It's the reason that we're now dog:censored:. 5 of our best players have left in the middle of the campaign and 4 of them replaced by useless dross and the other, Baxter, was irreplaceable at our level.

I don't think LJ's philosophy has changed, his team has changed under his nose.

I don't think LJ's philosophy has changed, his team has changed under his nose?

Not sure I agree with this - Johnson has gone backwards in his approach to playing style - gone are the two wingers, fullbacks simply don't overlap, he brings every man back at corners, he constantly chops and changes his team, positions and tactics. Players lack confidence and that is reflected in how poorly we are playing at the moment.

And apart from Harkins, the majority of the new guys are simply not up to it. His philosophy has changed - and that is why we are in our current predicament.

Edited by TheBigDog

LJs transfer dealings have been dire. He has totally diluted the squad from a mid table team to one that looks like a conference team. some signings were okay but most of them have left. This is a piss poor team in terms of quality. this is where runners and cloggers will get you. :censored:E. only 2500 home fans. Going down. LJ has shown sweet FA. he has the :censored:ing nerve to tell fans what they shouldn't sing and that they should sing new songs. Really. I don't pay my admission for 40 years to be patronized by a failing manager. :censored: off and give the few fans left something to sing about.

Really pissed off now.

I say this every time when a OAFC fan says without Corney there will be no club.....BULL:censored:

When was the last club shut the doors and never exist again!!!

Someone will always come in for a club,

How much does Simon Corney put in every year?? He hasnt for the past 2 or 3 seasons.

We are in deep :censored: anyhow.

Corney and his chums keep selling everyone for peanuts and banking any cup cash we have made.

You only have to look at how much we got for Tarky to realise what they are doing to this club.

I say this every time when a OAFC fan says without Corney there will be no club.....BULL:censored:

How much does Simon Corney put in every year?? He hasnt for the past 2 or 3 seasons.

But nobody can "sack" him.

How exactly do you propose to get him "out"?

Edited by HarryBosch

I bet corney takes out more than he puts in.

And so he has a right to! We as football fans may not like it but he's a business man for god's sake! The only way to get him out is to buy him out, anybody got enough money? Very probably not so we are struggling. If he pulls out and decides enough is enough we won't have a club to watch, end of! At least there is still an Oldham Athletic and if he hadn't have come in then we'd have gone bust so why all turn on him now?

Yes corney doesn't spend, but bloody hell, yeovil work with :censored: all as their budget and they're in the championship

Live in the real world people, football is a business nothing else so he's going to do anything possible to make a profit

How is it bull:censored:? If somebody wants to invest in Oldham Athletic then why haven't they bought him out in the last 10 years? He has put in enough to keep Oldham Athletic running year upon year, very little for transfers but even if we spent how many places further up would we be? Pointless spending money we don't have that's when clubs get in trouble, Rushden, Aldershot, Luton spring to mind

In any meaningful way try Scarborough, Chester, Halifax,

when was the last time we 'spent' on the playing front ? dont think we want miracles just a modicum of hope will suffice. What will happen in league two cot the cloth again and struggle ? thought this guy was proclaimed as the saviour ???

He saved us 10 years ago and I would love to see corney bought out but only by somebody who actually has an interest in the football and not just a project with other ideas such as koukash. We signed turner for 20k ;) does that count haha?

Other than that we don't spend but how many clubs like us do? Don't overspend is the key to success, yeovil last season didn't pay for a single one of their players and went up, can be done with the right players sadly we don't have enough