North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a farce nor is it :censored:ing ridiculous, Such a high calibre facility s a bloody major achievement for us and it's only a couple of months overdue which is nothing as far as big builds go.

Even if it's not given the go ahead tomorrow we're so nearly there that it doesn't matter. I'll be writing to club expressing my satisfaction whether it's open or not tomorrow.

Brilliant.

It's not a farce nor is it :censored:ing ridiculous, Such a high calibre facility s a bloody major achievement for us and it's only a couple of months overdue which is nothing as far as big builds go.

Even if it's not given the go ahead tomorrow we're so nearly there that it doesn't matter. I'll be writing to club expressing my satisfaction whether it's open or not tomorrow.

This all day long. A number of posters have expressed similar opinions but the vocal moaners bleat on louder.

In five years time, who is going to be talking about it being a few months late? :censored:ing brilliant achievement by all at the club.

Edit: still pissed off I had to move from the Chaddy ?

You do know all the boxes and bars will not be open. We will be close to nearly two years when it's all finished. I know Peterborough had backing but there stand has been open a year now and it was started around the same time

Cheers for that Bazza, I'm sure you will enjoy reading your own letter.

You do know all the boxes and bars will not be open. We will be close to nearly two years when it's all finished. I know Peterborough had backing but there stand has been open a year now and it was started around the same time

hurrah for Peterborough and good luck to them now what about Port Vale and their unfinished stand how many years has that taken ? probabley a better comparison finance and backing wise

How difficult would it be to create certainty if not fairness by saying rows X To Y will be open. A first come first derived event only increases risk and makes the concept of " ramp up" seem ridiculous

I don't think there is a row X or Y.

I dont understand how people are contempt with the stand potentially being delayed further. Must be the same people who were fine with us being beaten 4-2 last weekend.

I never said I was 'content', I just don't give a :censored: because it's clear at this stage it will be finished.

It isn't another Rotherham/Port Vale etc...

It is a major achievement absolutely no doubt about that.

The ridiculous thing for me is the communications by the club. They said it would be ready for tomorrow weeks ago after a couple of delays which should be expected.

To then wait until 5 pm the day before before releasing a vague statement which doesn't say if some season ticket holders will be turned away if they don't get there in time.

If they had any doubts it wouldnt be ready tomorrow these should have been brought up earlier in the week with assurance's they would do their very best for the fans. Instead they sit with their thumb up their arse holding all will be well. Again it may not be...

Filling the gap created in better times before the crash is an achievement we can all be proud of. Treating the season ticket holders in the way they have is the worst customer (I hate that word but we are not just mindless supporters addicted to Latics) service I have ever experienced.

Let us hope it is opened tomorrow because otherwise I will have to sit where the dice rolls in the main stand. Even if it does open there will be those who don't make it in time and have to go to the RRE and I hope the Main Stand (if this option is available). Some of us and possibly most of us will not have the best experience and that is before Connor kicks a ball.

The bad press could have been avoided by giving us season ticket of a different colour to elsewhere with a reserved seat in either the RRE or the Main Stand plus a reserved seat in the ageing North Stand. Once the North Stand opens we no longer get entry to RRE or Main Stand. Cost of this minimal. Advantages satisfied customers. Couldn't do this because they created the fiction that the stand would open in time for the start of the season.

Finally first come first served is a lazy unthinking option it could have simply been row A to M or whatever.

It's not a farce nor is it :censored:ing ridiculous, Such a high calibre facility s a bloody major achievement for us

We're a football club.

It's a stand.

Pretty much every other club has 4 of them.

Is this the stadium development equivalent of us "doing well" to avoid relegation?

This is possibly the daftest thing I've ever read

How can you already be satisfied with something that isn't yet finished and you've never experienced?

At least those desperate to have a moan about it are creating the illusion of waiting until it's actually open first...

I wonder if you would feel the same way as those who have paid for a box or extra for the hundred club for it to be ready at the start of the season?

Expect delays but still no sign of those people getting to use the ticket they already paid for. I'd bet they are using phrases far worse than ' :censored:ing ridiculous'

In what way?

It's a stand. We're a football club. Football clubs have stands.

This will hopefully be a decent one as stands go but, at the same time, nowt special in comparison to many others...

Once it's done it will have a gym, restraunt, offices etc etc etc

After the whole farce with the council & Clayton in 2000 & again trying to move to the other end of Broadway.

Having no stand at all for the last 5 or so years to what will hopefully be a money maker is an achievement.

I'm not comparing it to other club Harry but after all the :censored: ups and false dawns to actually finish (soon) a project like this has to be classed as an achievement for us, doesn't it?

Once it's done it will have a gym, restraunt, offices etc etc etc

After the whole farce with the council & Clayton in 2000 & again trying to move to the other end of Broadway.

Having no stand at all for the last 5 or so years to what will hopefully be a money maker is an achievement.

I'm not comparing it to other club Harry but after all the :censored: ups and false dawns to actually finish (soon) a project like this has to be classed as an achievement for us, doesn't it?

Building it in 2000 or 5 years ago would have been the achievement then, surely?

Building it in 2000 or 5 years ago would have been the achievement then, surely?

Well it would have been but it didn't happen, that's my point..

Because of those disappointments this has to be an achievement, especially the way the council shafted us.

Why isn't it ridiculous......They knew how many would be admitted for the ramp up 1st fixture so why is it a free for all. They've had weeks to issue tickets for this on a 1st come 1st served basis at the ticket office.

The club don't help themselves with some of decision making and if I'm queuing for half an hour tomorrow and then the door gets slammed shut I'm going to be mightily pissed off along with a fair few others.

I just think they could have handled the situation a whole lot better!

I must say that I agree with all the posters that say what is the problem with being a bit late, I am a season ticket holder for the north stand and I don't have a problem. It appears that it is in fashion these days to beat the club with what ever stick is available at the time. When the stand is open I am sure the moaners will move onto the next subject. Well done Latics these things happen but most of us are with you

I must say that I agree with all the posters that say what is the problem with being a bit late, I am a season ticket holder for the north stand and I don't have a problem. It appears that it is in fashion these days to beat the club with what ever stick is available at the time. When the stand is open I am sure the moaners will move onto the next subject. Well done Latics these things happen but most of us are with you

Most of who?

I defend this club, managers & players when possible against a lot of critism on this message board & I'm totally pissed off with the stand now ( I've defended the club about it previously) I doubt I'm on my own

I'm Corney's biggest critic but to all the moaners yes it's frustrating regarding the delays but a cheapo stand has evolved into a 6.5 million quid retail, healthcare and corporate venue and unless he could :censored: fifties it was bound to take time and have teething problems we're nearly there and it's clear for all to see it will be a venue to be proud of... Now if only we could sign a centre back - now that's the real concern.....

Archived