North Stand Construction Thread

I hope the bloke on here who always said he couldn't hear the Chaddy from the halfway line in the Main Stand has had the wax removed from his left ear. The Chaddy has been heard clearly in the RRE this season, even on occasions with few away supporters.

That would be me, and I still maintain the Chaddy was always quiet in comparison to the RRE with far fewer fans in.

But I will hold my hands up and say it was nowt to do with acoustics, it would seem the Chaddy was full of miserable bastards who didn't sing.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the bloke on here who always said he couldn't hear the Chaddy from the halfway line in the Main Stand has had the wax removed from his left ear. The Chaddy has been heard clearly in the RRE this season, even on occasions with few away supporters.

Can't believe I'm biting to be fair, but, if there's 2,000 singing in The Chaddy and 2,000 singing in The RRE, The RRE is louder.

That would be me, and I still maintain the Chaddy was always quiet in comparison to the RRE with far fewer fans in.

But I will hold my hands up and say it was nowt to do with acoustics, it would seem the Chaddy was full of miserable bastards who didn't sing.

We kept telling you that. There are many Chaddy Enders/"miserable bastards" who are convinced that the myth about the acoustics has cost them their spiritual home.

I never thought I'd say this but it did feel good being sat in a proper, modern stand.

It was weird how, after looking at it for so many months, it felt and looked so much more impressive when actually in it.

It's much steeper than it looks from the other stands and the roof is somehow a thing of beauty - and that's from someone who normally gives very little of a :censored: about such nonsense :grin:

I'm particularly looking forward to the first night match with lights on.

Once the 1895 bar is done I reckon it will all feel quite "showbiz" like professional sport should...

The excellent view added to the stand being comfortable before the match, during it & at half time should bring a few more in without doubt....

As someone who needs decent legroom,I have to say that the North stand has the best legroom in the stadium.

That allied to a cushioned seat for the 100 club makes it the nicest matchday seat I personally have ever had.Pity it's not been available all season as I have suffered somewhat at times this season in the main stand. Still onward and upward,especially when the bar opens!

I never thought I'd say this but it did feel good being sat in a proper, modern stand.

It was weird how, after looking at it for so many months, it felt and looked so much more impressive when actually in it.

It's much steeper than it looks from the other stands and the roof is somehow a thing of beauty - and that's from someone who normally gives very little of a :censored: about such nonsense :grin:

Once the 1895 bar is done I reckon it will all feel quite "showbiz" like professional sport should...

The excellent view added to the stand being comfortable before the match, during it & at half time should bring a few more in without doubt....

An improved matchday experience for a paying customer.

Brings a tear to the eye.

I have been concerned about the roof and whether it will offer protection from the weather but after seeing it up close I think it will keep most of the rain off. I'm sat on the back row so apart from the stuff that comes horizontally at you in Oldham I think it will be fine. Hopefully.

We kept telling you that. There are many Chaddy Enders/"miserable bastards" who are convinced that the myth about the acoustics has cost them their spiritual home.

Isn't it obvious there were a lot who didn't sing in the Chaddy? I sit down the chaddy end of the main stand and I hear the RRE no problem in our home games yet it was routinely mentioned that nobody in the ground could hear the Chaddy when we had that stand, I didn't hear Scunthorpe last week. It is a case of numbers, but the acoustics issue exists. Acoustics are a thing, deal with it.

Bloody acoustics deniers.

They should have sung and got behind their team then rather than being drowned out by 50 comitted Scunthorpe fans (not saying you weren't singing personally D_S)

Isn't it obvious there were a lot who didn't sing in the Chaddy? I sit down the chaddy end of the main stand and I hear the RRE no problem in our home games yet it was routinely mentioned that nobody in the ground could hear the Chaddy when we had that stand, I didn't hear Scunthorpe last week. It is a case of numbers, but the acoustics issue exists. Acoustics are a thing, deal with it.

Bloody acoustics deniers.

I could hear the Scunthorpe few in the RRE last week.

They should have sung and got behind their team then rather than being drowned out by 50 comitted Scunthorpe fans (not saying you weren't singing personally D_S)

The point I'm making is that when they did make some noise, the 'acoustics problem' was always brought up by those who were perceived by Chaddy Enders to want the home end swapped. It's now been proved conclusively to ex-Chaddy Enders' own ears that there is no problem in the RRE and the Main Stand in hearing even a few fans in the Chaddy.

Diego, acoustics are a thing, they exist.

Of course acoustics exist. There is a problem with the acoustics when the PA system is in use. We were repeatedly told by that there was a problem with the acoustics in the Chaddy caused by the shape of the roof. What has been proved this season is that there is no problem hearing the Chaddy End in the rest of the ground, no matter how few fans make the noise.

ghostofcecere, who often criticised the acoustics in the Chaddy, has now held his hands up and said it was nowt to do with acoustics, so we don't need to hear any more about it.

Of course acoustics exist. There is a problem with the acoustics when the PA system is in use. We were repeatedly told by that there was a problem with the acoustics in the Chaddy caused by the shape of the roof. What has been proved this season is that there is no problem hearing the Chaddy End in the rest of the ground, no matter how few fans make the noise.

ghostofcecere, who often criticised the acoustics in the Chaddy, has now held his hands up and said it was nowt to do with acoustics, so we don't need to hear any more about it.

The acoustics in the Chaddy are worse than the RRE. Nobody is saying no sound at all can be heard from the Chaddy regardless of the numbers of fans who are singing. As far as I'm aware nobody has ever said this.

The acoustics in the Chaddy are worse than the RRE. Nobody is saying no sound at all can be heard from the Chaddy regardless of the numbers of fans who are singing. As far as I'm aware nobody has ever said this.

We've had this discussion for years. ghostofcecere said often that when sitting in the MainStand he could only hear the RRE, and the same points about the acoustics were made repeatedly. Now he admits it was nothing to do with acoustics after all, and now the point has been made you won't hear another peep out of me on the subject.

We've had this discussion for years. ghostofcecere said often that when sitting in the MainStand he could only hear the RRE, and the same points about the acoustics were made repeatedly. Now he admits it was nothing to do with acoustics after all, and now the point has been made you won't hear another peep out of me on the subject.

:censored:ing acoustics... its a bloody football game

I think the difference between Latics fans in the Chaddy and the away fans is where the fans are mainly congregated. The away fans are being stewarded on to bottom tier; whereas Latics fans mainly (not all I grant you) filled the upper tier first. The sound from the upper tier hits the downward slope of the roof and doesn't project outwards onto the pitch; however the bottom tier has no such obstruction. Thus we hear the away fans more than we heard the home fans from the Chaddy. Well it's a theory!!!!

Archived