North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am sure it was unintentional, but as someone with back problems I found the seating in the new stand provided much more support - big thumbs up there.

Catering wasn't too bad either, when I went for a pie at 3:35 they'd only sold out of meat and potato. Sooner the cider is available the better though. One mouthful of Carlsberg was enough to remind me why I don't drink the stuff as a rule.

Happy as things stand!

More pictures added to the album today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157634724297134

Thanks for the updates Diego

The new stand is getting all the attention, justly, but the car park getting sorted really will add to the professional 'feel' of Boundary Park. Gone now is the waterlogged quagmire of wasteland that was like a septic scab on our club reputation.

Nice job SC :OASISscarf:

The opportunity was taken to ask Mark Moisley if he could tell what the PA bloke was saying. He couldn't, so he noted it for action.

When I complained about the PA system in the Chaddy last season, Dave Broadbent told me that when the new stand was opened the whole PA system in the ground would be improved.

Their was one or 2 teething problems today but that was to be expected but the problems appear to be small cosmetic ones the good thing was it was up and running from that point of view today was overall a success.

The problem with the PA system has been a 'teething trouble' for many years. It's OK when Gordon is on the microphone, but the rest of the time it's only audible either in the Chaddy End gents or outside the ground at the RRE.

I'm not bloody suprised you were....unreserved seating and you and Mrs S were sat right in the 100 club seating whilst others were trying to find their true season ticket seats...hahah, up there for thinking, down there of dancing....love your style. One of the first to sit in the 100 club comfy seating and it wasn't yours...brilliant..

Occasionally it's good to experience how the other half live - it was the ideal opportunity while our seats were cordoned off. Very comfy seats, not bothered about the arms on the seats. In fact I'd still rather be in the Chaddy, but at least in the North Stand it feels like a home game, whereas it's felt like away games during the last 65 days since the Middlesbrough game didn't materialise as the 50% one.

Thanks for the updates Diego

The new stand is getting all the attention, justly, but the car park getting sorted really will add to the professional 'feel' of Boundary Park. Gone now is the waterlogged quagmire of wasteland that was like a septic scab on our club reputation.

Nice job SC :OASISscarf:

Not forgetting the dust storms during the droughts.

Got a feeling they need to be....think master chef himself is doing an event on 30th of this month and I think the day after which is the Burton game, Roger Palmer might and I say might, be turning up pre and post match in on of the suites.

As long as it sorted for the works Xmas chrimbo bash I've booked us in for the 11th December, then I will be happy

It's a good job the smoke alarms have been fitted before Masterchef gets to work.

Looks like unreserved seating for some time unless they get those reserved stickers out and identify which row is which on the steps.

It is open if a little unfinished and will be good eventually. The sun was nice and warm when our ten men held their wingeing eleven.

Very impressed with the new stand and was great to be finally be in it, great buzz in there lots of happy people all couldn't wait to find their seats.

Problem with speakers but apparently weren't on in stand??

Makeshift wooden step at front of stand on halfway line.

No row numbers but as sit on front row it was obvious where my seat was but heard two chaps having a right debate over whether row A started at top or bottom??

Only teething issues but great point yesterday and great to have the North Stand open.

Can't for the life of me work out how we can run out of food when the mark ups so high, they must make around £3 each one sold yet week in week out business is turned away.

Find it weird how they claim it to be a meal deal at a fiver but you don't make any savings. Pie £3 drink £2 what sort of deal are you getting

Acoustics, on a scale of The chaddy end to the RRE where would you place the new north stands acoustics?

You could hear fans in there at back of a Main Stand. It was good to see and hear opposition players and the officials getting plenty of stick from that side of the ground again

Acoustics, on a scale of The chaddy end to the RRE where would you place the new north stands acoustics?

I hope the bloke on here who always said he couldn't hear the Chaddy from the halfway line in the Main Stand has had the wax removed from his left ear. The Chaddy has been heard clearly in the RRE this season, even on occasions with few away supporters.

There is still much to do so can understand why there might have been reluctance to allow the ramp up event to go ahead.

I was surprised how full the main stand appeared. The atmosphere was much better but perhaps that had as much to do with the absence of Connor Brown and the drooling Winchester fans.

Row A was at the front when I chose my seat and I hope to can sit in it for the Burton game.

It was bloody brilliant to be in it!

I really enjoyed the match and look forward to many years in my new home. The car park looks brilliant too! I've not been on that side of the ground for a while so hadn't seen how much progress had been made, can't wait to park in it and then walk to the new stand and my new seat.

We've got a new stand people! Saturday did actually happen, I doubted it would go ahead, even when I was queuing to get in I half, no more than half expected it to be called off.

I'd like to have seen anyone that took the time to count rows and seats, match them with their season ticket book and then try to claim them as theirs, marched up the stairs to be pushed off the roof. Those people will ruin the stand.

That is :censored:in brilliant!!!!

It shudnt be funny but if I didnt laugh...

Archived