North Stand Construction Thread

As already mentioned, building projects run over all the time. However, the club should have been very careful about making false promises and selling season tickets for the new stand was, in my opinion, an error. Likewise, I think the partial opening this weekend is something of an error. It should be a big event, with all the bells and whistles that have been mooted, not something that leaves an awful lot of the most loyal of the fanbase feeling let down. Again.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strict deadline for requirements to be fulfilled, ahead of limited opening of new North Stand tomorrow, is 11am this morning. #oafc

As already mentioned, building projects run over all the time. However, the club should have been very careful about making false promises and selling season tickets for the new stand was, in my opinion, an error. Likewise, I think the partial opening this weekend is something of an error. It should be a big event, with all the bells and whistles that have been mooted, not something that leaves an awful lot of the most loyal of the fanbase feeling let down. Again.

Isn't the partial opening a requirement of the licence being given and enforeced on the club rather than their choosing? I agree, though, it should hzve been more carefully managed. They took a gamble and took a heavy hit.

The thought of a bells and whistles opening now, with Owen telling us how grateful we should all be for the facilities, makes me feel a little bit sick.

I love strict deadlines. Apparently the people at OMBC are not being as helpful as they could be - probably insisting on everything being right and not happy to work at short notice to check that it is.

There's a difference between not working at short notice and working over-time on a Friday in order to process the paperwork. If the paperwork takes a significant amount of time to process, then a deadline of 11am the working day before is not that unreasonable IMHO

It stands to reason that some upstanding supporters will be happy as things stand. Others will want to know where they stand, so they can stand up and be counted, or make a stand so they can stand out from the crowd.

I can't stand puns!

We've had new buildings open for a 'soft launch' a few weeks before the official launch, it would seem that the new Lookers will probably fall into this category. I'm going to check before I set off for tomorrow's defeat but I'm hopeful I'll be watching it from a totally new viewing point tomorrow.

4 o clock on Friday and no news.

With it being so late and still no news there must be a good chance it might be open. A race against time to get things sorted.

Or they will release a statement a 4.59pm that there is another delay and then log off and all go home.

Archived