North Stand Construction Thread

I defend this club, managers & players when possible against a lot of critism on this message board & I'm totally pissed off with the stand now ( I've defended the club about it previously) I doubt I'm on my own

I wouldn't say I'm pissed off with the stand not being ready, moreso pissed off that it's yet another example of the fact that, on & off the pitch, we're mired in utter ineptitude that will probably see us stay in League One forever.. Or worse...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why isn't it ridiculous......They knew how many would be admitted for the ramp up 1st fixture so why is it a free for all. They've had weeks to issue tickets for this on a 1st come 1st served basis at the ticket office.

The club don't help themselves with some of decision making and if I'm queuing for half an hour tomorrow and then the door gets slammed shut I'm going to be mightily pissed off along with a fair few others.

I just think they could have handled the situation a whole lot better!

Not everyone can make it back to the ticket office - I probably prefer the free-for-all. If I can be bothered leaving the pub early to ensure I get my seat then I will. What pains me more is if I miss tomorrow it could be almost the end of November before I get to try my new seat as I can't make the 31st!! Hoping for a decent home draw in the FA Cup.

Sorry if it's already been posted but does anyone know how many season tickets we sold in the new stand

Yes, I've just asked the same on Twitter.

Asking the club for clarification on clear as mud website articles like this could be an important function the Trust could provide.....

Question is it better to sit in it or admire it from another stand?

Also further point £10 to playershare who christens the new toilet and proves it with picture evidence

Mmmm I don't think we need pictures of people dropping anchor on here. We see enough :censored: on the pitch.

I dont understand how people are contempt with the stand potentially being delayed further. Must be the same people who were fine with us being beaten 4-2 last weekend.

Wow. Team loses football match and club has slight delay building a great stand we wouldn't have dreamed about 3 years ago.

Question is it better to sit in it or admire it from another stand?

Also further point £10 to playershare who christens the new toilet and proves it with picture evidence

It will cost you a lot more to bail out the photographer.

Shambles,or magnificent facility we should be proud ,of we can all debate. Management and communication abysmal. We should all be celebrating a planned watershed in Latics history instead we are being shuffled maybe,into a magnificent new facility tomorrow without a fanfare,that's the root of the problem.

How does this ineptitude pervade the rest of the club.

Why isn't it ridiculous......They knew how many would be admitted for the ramp up 1st fixture so why is it a free for all. They've had weeks to issue tickets for this on a 1st come 1st served basis at the ticket office.

The club don't help themselves with some of decision making and if I'm queuing for half an hour tomorrow and then the door gets slammed shut I'm going to be mightily pissed off along with a fair few others.

I just think they could have handled the situation a whole lot better!

Wtf are you on about?

Season ticket holders obviously get first dibs since they've committed to a seat. Unfortunate that some can't afford to do that, but money talks. Why should they move ST holders to accomodate others for the 1st game using the new stand?

The mind boggles at the criticism towards the club, when they've done nothing wrong in this instance.

Sadly, all the fans with competence, organisational skills and communication expertise never have the required funding to implement their flair. And they also know, only too well, how to judge a stranger who does. It's a funny old world.

Tomorrow, or very soon, I will be sitting in the MS admiring the sight of worthy season ticket holders sitting in our new stand.

I will also be wondering what the hell have 3,500 League 1 loyalists done to deserve such a benefit to the club.

Sadly, all the fans with competence, organisational skills and communication expertise never have the required funding to implement their flair. And they also know, only too well, how to judge a stranger who does. It's a funny old world.

Tomorrow, or very soon, I will be sitting in the MS admiring the sight of worthy season ticket holders sitting in our new stand.

I will also be wondering what the hell have 3,500 League 1 loyalists done to deserve such a benefit to the club.

And I will be sat in the RRE admiring its beauty and thinking 'how much effing money do we owe now!'

:censored:ing spoilt we are.

I'll be swimming in a sea of second half pies in my own seat (whichever it is). Lovely.

I'll be about ready to leather the bird behind counter when I ask how have u run out of pies before half time and she smugly replies, there's a big crowd. No :censored: Sherlock. Wish I ran the pie stands I'd make a fortune. Sheffield United have sold 2000. Make more pies you :censored:ing idiots

Wtf are you on about?

Season ticket holders obviously get first dibs since they've committed to a seat. Unfortunate that some can't afford to do that, but money talks. Why should they move ST holders to accomodate others for the 1st game using the new stand?

The mind boggles at the criticism towards the club, when they've done nothing wrong in this instance.

WTF are you on about...I'm aware ST holders have priority and it will be ST Holders only tomorrow. I never mentioned moving ST holders to accommodate others.

There won't be enough room if all ticket holders turn up tomorrow so some will be disappointed at not getting in and it could be 3pm before they find out.

WTF are you on about...I'm aware ST holders have priority and it will be ST Holders only tomorrow. I never mentioned moving ST holders to accommodate others.

There won't be enough room if all ticket holders turn up tomorrow so some will be disappointed at not getting in and it could be 3pm before they find out.

There's a chance some people will miss out, annoying for them granted. But what's the solution?

Only allowing people with tickets on the first x number of rows?... What if they all don't turn up? What if people on the excluded rows bought their tickets on the first day of release? They'll be pissed off.

Issuing tickets in advance?... What about people who can't get to the ticket office midweek? What if people don't turn up?

Entry for the first 1200 purchases of the season tickets? What if people don't turn up?

Is there another solution where they'll fill the 1200? The other options allow for people not showing up and north stand season ticket holders being in other areas despite there being space in the north stand. Which would be worse.

It's a test event, capacity is dictated, first come first served seems like the fairest way of filling the available seats with season ticket holders.

I must say that I agree with all the posters that say what is the problem with being a bit late, I am a season ticket holder for the north stand and I don't have a problem. It appears that it is in fashion these days to beat the club with what ever stick is available at the time. When the stand is open I am sure the moaners will move onto the next subject. Well done Latics these things happen but most of us are with you

This! Some of the moaners don't even have a season ticket for the North Stand.

Archived