North Stand Construction Thread

No it's the Brodway suite that's in use. I was in it yesterday. The 1895 suite is the large room on the top floor with windows looking out on both the car park and pitch (capacity up to 500 seated). There's no way you could seat 500 in the room that's currently open.

I stand corrected!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong again Diego. Must do better!

It is the larger (1895) Bar, entry based on a match ticket

Even though the layout of the ground floor has changed, that's where it's shown on plan.

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/files/64ED7FFCCF8EE945B54E296B37F6494E/pdf/PA_333100_12-PROPOSED_GROUND_FLOOR_PLAN-1466065.pdf

Any one have any reviews of the broadway suite? Ala bar and food etc. The package Diego linked looks good, is the bar available at half time?. Also, what are the boxes like? Does it have the Tv with sky, mini fridge etc etc. They do look quite good. the many years of watching football at Latics and other grounds, I have never once sat in hospitality!

I went with the Mrs for the Doncaster game, food was nice if pretty simple, soup for starter, chicken for main and trifle for dessert. Table service for drinks was very slow, quicker to walk to the bar yourself. It was the first opening though i think, so hopefully they have improved. Bar is open for half time and you can pre order your half time drink, though ours weren't there at half time! (Only had 45 mins to do it). Opens at 1, food served at 1.30. Any more questions just ask and ill try answer them!

It does look good and it looks as though it's trial and error as they get used to hosting hospitality - probably hold reviews in the summer etc. Do we have a completion date for the 1895 suite, directors lounge and other facilities?

Saturday's program said it will be finished in May.

Haven't sampled the food yet but the boxes look nice.No TVS anywhere as yet. There were issues with the toilets the first 2 games - toilets not flushing and no water in taps but was sorted for the Millwall game.

My sister in laws company sponsored the Doncaster match, the first time they have done such a thing, and the overall impression was a good one. I think they were impressed enough to do it again next year.

Enough has been said about the delays, frustration and missed opportunities pre Christmas and hopefully when fully complete this stand / facility /venue will really kick on and be the heart of a new era for Oldham Athletic and the community.

Strewth the new found optimism is contagious :OASISscarf:

Archived