North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the concourse areas just about sum up the clubs attitude to fans, maybe one of our many paid directors could spend an halftime in there to see the problems faced? God help it if it was full.

Agreed. It's really bad in there when the stand is only half full. Would those snaking queue barrier things help? And pre pouring pints as someone else suggested. It's all over the place at the moment.

Granted I turn up at about 14:45 when a significant queue has built up but there is no sense of urgency behind the serving area. You can see people leaving the queue or deciding against not queuing at all and this is lost income for the club now the catering has been brought back in house. Pre-pouring some pints just makes sense, especially before the match, any not sold can be carried over to half time, let's face it they aren't great beers to start with so given the choice of no pint or a pint that has been stood there for 50 minutes I know which I would chose.

And whilst I'm at it, sort the bloody way they've messed the milk, sugar and sauces out. Putting them on the only shelf in the place where people are putting their pints and standing in front of is just daft. Plus there isn't a receptacle for the empty milk pots and the rest of crap that gathers. I bloody rubbish box won't break the bank either, it would save money in later cleaning costs.

This isn't rocket science, the club get 20-30 chances a year to extract money from us suckers and they should maximise every opportunity to do so, they get the bloody beer at cost, if they are left with 5-10 beers at the end of half time it shouldn't break the bank. Difficult calculation to do as we are looking at potential sales against the potential for lost sales and hopefully the sweet spot can be found.

if they are left with 5-10 beers at the end of half time it shouldn't break the bank.

Christ, if myself or Mick O'neill knew that this was going to happen every Saturday we worked the Clayton, we would be clawing each other to get the overtime

I know, but it will help before the game. To be honest, to get everyone served at HT and then back into their seats within 15 minutes is a tall order however big the concourse.

Surely that is a default requirement of any stadium offering ? Or are we happy to piss away potential income ?

Getting a fast pour system in would be the best bet...56 pints per minute but at the end of the day the people serving the beer must be switched on as well!

I can't believe they haven't done this... Makes no sense... Even just pre pouring 50 pints is a no brainier...

Would it be a totally crazy concept for people to pre order and pre pay for beer like you do at the theatre? Would take the strain off somewhat if half the beer was ready poured and dished out on production of a receipt...

There's nothing to stop them pre pouring the pints anyway. They know they're going to be sold (within reason).

The 1895 Suite has been in use since 12th December. You mean Broadway Suite.

No it's the Brodway suite that's in use. I was in it yesterday. The 1895 suite is the large room on the top floor with windows looking out on both the car park and pitch (capacity up to 500 seated). There's no way you could seat 500 in the room that's currently open.

No it's the Brodway suite that's in use. I was in it yesterday. The 1895 suite is the large room on the top floor with windows looking out on both the car park and pitch (capacity up to 500 seated). There's no way you could seat 500 in the room that's currently open.

Is the 1895 suite the one that anyone will be able to use on match day whilst the Broadway is just for the 100 club and directors? Or the other way round

Archived