North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royal Oldham have bought the old park area/land behind B&Q to develop a car park and they'll be no more hospital staff parking on latics once finished.

I did wonder how it was going to work with new retail units/cafe/gym with all the hospital staff parked on there.

You'll all be gutted when you find out they're just draping a tarpauline sheet over the top of it

(I've heard that) This will only happen should we secure a sponsorship deal, allegedly, with UKTarps (but might be B&Q).

recently I have found myself hanging around building sites , sometimes late at night sometimes in broad daylight and at some of these sites I have seen other middle aged men walking their dogs and staring at the concrete and piles of steel and aggregate .

if anyone has photos of building sites in the furtherwood rd and clayton fields area I will gladly swop photos .

I don't know why I need to see this building site , I just know it feels so good and I crave more pictures .

will someone please help me . oh god what will my family think .

Looking better and better by the day, will be a pleasure to attend the games next season in a proper stadium after such a long

time with 3 stands.

Just one observation on the commercial aspect, there looks to be a lot of pillars in the main function room which is not the best design wise.

Absolutely love it. They can't get it up quick enough (oo-err).

Can't wait to see what it looks like inside and on the concourses etc. I'll even come on here to look at pics of the bogs when they're in.

If the roof was level with the top of the tiers and it was just a building/boxes behind the stand, I'll be honest, it'd look :censored:. It's the high roof that makes a measly about of seating look better.

Sounds like I'm being a party pooper I know and don't get me wrong, It's miles better than the alternative but I do reckon more seats would've been better from an aesthetic and ambition point of view.

If the roof was level with the top of the tiers and it was just a building/boxes behind the stand, I'll be honest, it'd look :censored:. It's the high roof that makes a measly about of seating look better.

Sounds like I'm being a party pooper I know and don't get me wrong, It's miles better than the alternative but I do reckon more seats would've been better from an aesthetic and ambition point of view.

It's great to talk about ambition and what could happen.

But, at this moment in time we've got to live within our means, meaning we've got to build it with 2500, not 5000 seats. I'm happy with it, shame it looks as though it probably couldn't be expanded, however, the RRE could be if needed, and Chaddy End/Main Stand are always there for re-development in the future, if we need to.

It's great to talk about ambition and what could happen.

But, at this moment in time we've got to live within our means, meaning we've got to build it with 2500, not 5000 seats. I'm happy with it, shame it looks as though it probably couldn't be expanded, however, the RRE could be if needed, and Chaddy End/Main Stand are always there for re-development in the future, if we need to.

It could still be developed to seat 20,000 but in all honesty the only time we would need that sort of capacity would be if we got to the premiership and consolidated......in reality it ain't going to happen...ever!

If we could be competitive and get 9 or 10 thousand every week in the Championship the place would be rockin and that would be great.

Absolutely love it. They can't get it up quick enough (oo-err).

Can't wait to see what it looks like inside and on the concourses etc. I'll even come on here to look at pics of the bogs when they're in.

Dave @Aldehulme 1h

There were two semi naked young ladies strolling up Broadway in the sun as I drove home earlier - blocking my view of the new stand.

:lol:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but it needs to be repeated that the sole purpose of this stands design is to create income on a daily basis rather than accommodating invisible/unidentified fans.

I certainly don't think 3,000 empty seats in the stand will improve the aesthetics. Also,in my book ambition is a personal target, attempted/achieved with one's own efforts and expense. Someone is doing a decent job here in their efforts to improve our ground and to protect 'their' investment in the club.

The chances of reaching the grounds new capacity of 13,000 on a regular basis is very slim - even in the Championship.

Whoever we are, we can for the most part look around our own little world and say we have what we can afford. And in all our cases it doesn't include building a bigger stand just to make it look better.

Archived