North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked the question because I dont know, with regards to revenue and ffp I cant work out which income streams count towards our ability to improve the managers playing budget. Nothing sinister behind it.

What makes you think any additional income will go towards the staff budget?

What makes you think any additional income will go towards the staff budget?

What makes you think it won't?

It has been stated many times that increased revenue will help the playing side kick on.

As for wherever else the money might go, I think it's fair to assume that you mean the club's outstanding debt. We have been in this division many years now, and have made numerous significant sales. Also, various sets of accounts have been published and various people on here have inspected said accounts. never have I seen any allegation whatsoever that any income has gone towards repaying any portion whatsoever of that debt.

Also, SC has made it clear that the debt would only be recalled in the event of us reaching real heady heights.

So, where else are you alleging the revenue would go?

What makes you think it won't?

It has been stated many times that increased revenue will help the playing side kick on.

As for wherever else the money might go, I think it's fair to assume that you mean the club's outstanding debt. We have been in this division many years now, and have made numerous significant sales. Also, various sets of accounts have been published and various people on here have inspected said accounts. never have I seen any allegation whatsoever that any income has gone towards repaying any portion whatsoever of that debt.

Also, SC has made it clear that the debt would only be recalled in the event of us reaching real heady heights.

So, where else are you alleging the revenue would go?

If you believe Corney then the stand is currently £2 million over the original budget/figure, that has to be found from somewhere.

If you believe Corney then the stand is currently £2 million over the original budget/figure, that has to be found from somewhere.

Yes, and the original £4million too, or whatever part of it is financed. But that is pretty much implicit that part of the revenue will go towards paying off the build itself and there will be some profit thereafter, which is what we are talking about. Similarly, I'm fairly sure that the £2 million extra spend will have been taken on in the expectation of suitably higher earnings, and therefore profit.

And, answering my own question, some of the profit could go towards financing further ground development, but the stated aim is, as always, to help finance a better playing squad.

Yes, and the original £4million too, or whatever part of it is financed. But that is pretty much implicit that part of the revenue will go towards paying off the build itself and there will be some profit thereafter, which is what we are talking about. Similarly, I'm fairly sure that the £2 million extra spend will have been taken on in the expectation of suitably higher earnings, and therefore profit.

And, answering my own question, some of the profit could go towards financing further ground development, but the stated aim is, as always, to help finance a better playing squad.

Reckon you might be giving them a bit too much credit there, but we shall see in the fullness of time.

Reckon you might be giving them a bit too much credit there, but we shall see in the fullness of time.

I am only working off the evidence available to me. SC and the other Latics creditors could long ago, have called time on the club, recouped the majority of their investment and walked (or flown Business Class to New York) away, leaving us bankrupt. However that has not happened, and we have what could be the foundations for a bright future for what, lets face it, is a tiny club under the looming shadows of other giants of football clubs.

For that alone, I just think it's worth a tiny bit of trust that SC isn't out to shaft us.

Of course, none of that stops SC or either of the other two TTA from potentially losing patience and calling time on us but, as you say, we shall see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I am only working off the evidence available to me. SC and the other Latics creditors could long ago, have called time on the club, recouped the majority of their investment and walked (or flown Business Class to New York) away, leaving us bankrupt. However that has not happened, and we have what could be the foundations for a bright future for what, lets face it, is a tiny club under the looming shadows of other giants of football clubs.

For that alone, I just think it's worth a tiny bit of trust that SC isn't out to shaft us.

Of course, none of that stops SC or either of the other two TTA from potentially losing patience and calling time on us but, as you say, we shall see what happens.

We are still not out of the woods yet on the longest and deepest recession in history of this country, over 7 years. The debt as not called in during that time. I am more than happy to give SC/SB the benefit of doubt too. OF course, "events" may take over, so never say never, buy anyone can see there have been many many chances to call in at least part of the debt like you say.

As for the income funding the stand (not you bpmarko) so what? Better that and within our means than racking up more debt and interest.

Of course, the timing on the halting of the fitting out the stand was suspect. But the statement was clear, and if it had been used as a smokescreen, then that compananies' lawyers would have been all over us. So I am happy to accept it is genuine.

I still cannot understand those that wanting SC to fail, jst so they can say I told you so. Symptomatic of certain aspects of this country to me.

I haven't been following this thread in depth so forgive me if I have missed anything...

Is the stand progressing well or is there a delay ? Reading the clubs announcement it seems everything is progressing fine ?

Cheers

Are you a fan of conspiracy theories?

Update - we can't afford to finish it.

Work will start again in January when we sell Winchester and Wilson....

Haha. How much do you think we will get for two footballers who have done :censored: all for 3/4 years?

Granted they have both been excellent this season but many on this board now seen to think they are worth big money.

Let's put it this way it won't be enough to finish the stand even if we sell both and neither will go for more than Tarky did. In fact I would be very surprised if one (Winchester) if not both are not still here come Feb 1st

We are still not out of the woods yet on the longest and deepest recession in history of this country, over 7 years. The debt as not called in during that time. I am more than happy to give SC/SB the benefit of doubt too. OF course, "events" may take over, so never say never, buy anyone can see there have been many many chances to call in at least part of the debt like you say.

As for the income funding the stand (not you bpmarko) so what? Better that and within our means than racking up more debt and interest.

Of course, the timing on the halting of the fitting out the stand was suspect. But the statement was clear, and if it had been used as a smokescreen, then that compananies' lawyers would have been all over us. So I am happy to accept it is genuine.

I still cannot understand those that wanting SC to fail, jst so they can say I told you so. Symptomatic of certain aspects of this country to me.

That post is totally incorrect on so many levels, historically/economically/financially and specifically in respect of the prospect of litigation.

The reason why the fitting is not being done is because the company wanted payment upfront and we couldnt afford it. We are looking at a company ready to do it in installments

The Contractor’s Blog states:

"A number of issues came to light as the work was due to commence and following discussions we have been unable to secure the necessary assurances and guarantees from the initially appointed sub-contractor. It would therefore be inappropriate to allow the sub-contractor to commence work”.

So the club went mad and very publicly slammed reports that work on the stand had stopped or, rather, re-commenced, which suggested it had stopped - i think?

Yet a few weeks later if that, it has actually stopped.

Doh!

Work has been delayed, not stopped. The Contractor’s Blog states:

"In the meantime we will continue with other work on the development to minimise any delay going forward".

Archived