North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SC has said that the main stand is the next to be upgraded, and it badly needs it. When this is eventually done and the main stand is demolished, where do the changing rooms, treatment room and baths go? Where do the ticket office and club offices go? where do the dugouts, press areas, directors, announcer, club radio, announcer and police box go?

Does an upgrade = demolition?

SC has said that the main stand is the next to be upgraded, and it badly needs it. When this is eventually done and the main stand is demolished, where do the changing rooms, treatment room and baths go? Where do the ticket office and club offices go? where do the dugouts, press areas, directors, announcer, club radio, announcer and police box go?

Rent A Cabins - unless he takes my advise and builds a new corner unit. He has quite rightly said the dilapidated Main Stand is the next upgrade, but not in what format. Will it still be the Main Stand? I don't know and I don't expect it is actually on the drawing board yet, it could be years. I'm sure the logistics of it all are cannon fodder for the experts, when you take into account a 3 month summer break.

Rent A Cabins - unless he takes my advise and builds a new corner unit. He has quite rightly said the dilapidated Main Stand is the next upgrade, but not in what format. Will it still be the Main Stand? I don't know and I don't expect it is actually on the drawing board yet, it could be years. I'm sure the logistics of it all are cannon fodder for the experts, when you take into account a 3 month summer break.

It's on SC's drawing board, he said recently that when completed it would bring the capacity up to 16,000. He has though said in the past that he may just refurbish it. How it pans out we'll have to see.

It's on SC's drawing board, he said recently that when completed it would bring the capacity up to 16,000. He has though said in the past that he may just refurbish it. How it pans out we'll have to see.

Could we not refurb the upper section and build on to the sides of the original structure making it stretch the full length of the pitch?

I would think there are lots of options with the main stand - if the finance can be found.

If Corney's got a 5,500 seat stand in mind he'll certainly be using the full length of the pitch to deliver it.

I can only think the scheme would be viable if such a development is funded by NHS facilities being expanded into the structure. Staff flats in the corners on Furtherwood Road? I'm speculating wildly.

If we can end up with two decent stands down the sides of the pitch within three years or so (without destroying the club financially) it would be a terrific achievement that would make me begin to think the Corney might even deserve his gold brick.

I standing areas are accepted the 16,000 could be achieved.

I would think there are lots of options with the main stand - if the finance can be found.

If Corney's got a 5,500 seat stand in mind he'll certainly be using the full length of the pitch to deliver it.

I can only think the scheme would be viable if such a development is funded by NHS facilities being expanded into the structure. Staff flats in the corners on Furtherwood Road? I'm speculating wildly.

If we can end up with two decent stands down the sides of the pitch within three years or so (without destroying the club financially) it would be a terrific achievement that would make me begin to think the Corney might even deserve his gold brick.

If you mean key-worker flats then that is a possibility, I doubt it will be "hospital accommodation" though as the NHS trend is for less hospital accommodation and more hospital office/clinical space.

If you mean key-worker flats then that is a possibility, I doubt it will be "hospital accommodation" though as the NHS trend is for less hospital accommodation and more hospital office/clinical space.

The Trust I work for, and many other across NW England (and most likely UK-wide) are doing their damnedest to get rid of buildings entirely. Why would you need a desk? Or a computer? Or clinical space? Or places to keep your assessments and files?

Have these flats been mentioned else where? I'm not of the public sector but surely the NHS wouldn't need staff flats? I'd imagine the staff at Oldham Royal would be local or live close enough to commute.. Im aware I maybe 100% wrong on this

Have these flats been mentioned else where? I'm not of the public sector but surely the NHS wouldn't need staff flats? I'd imagine the staff at Oldham Royal would be local or live close enough to commute.. Im aware I maybe 100% wrong on this

There are various schemes that attractive government funding and help with planning, "key worker," housing being one. All of the main parties and the Lib Dems will be promising various building schemes at the election.

You'd be surprised, bearing in mind that shifts can make commuting difficult on public transport, and how often staff move around in the NHS, especially new graduates, it can prove necessary to have quite a bit of hospital accommodation, I do know of a few incidents where there hasn't been enough hospital accommodation to meet the demand.

You'd be surprised, bearing in mind that shifts can make commuting difficult on public transport, and how often staff move around in the NHS, especially new graduates, it can prove necessary to have quite a bit of hospital accommodation, I do know of a few incidents where there hasn't been enough hospital accommodation to meet the demand.

And you've been ever so helpful in filling that demand with your fully fitted sex dungeon spare room.

As mentioned previously the next income stream for the club will be renting of land to the left of the RRE (as you look at it) for an already agreed deal with a national hotel chain......Think Big & Small (those with kids under 10 will know what I mean).

Is that an income stream for the club or for one of the new companies set up in recent years ?

Would my answer matter as it seems by the suggestive nature of your question that you have already formed your own opinion?

I asked the question because I dont know, with regards to revenue and ffp I cant work out which income streams count towards our ability to improve the managers playing budget. Nothing sinister behind it.

Archived