• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the hell would LJ tell a reporter anything about this let alone tell reporters he is unhappy?

Barry Owen now has more say than the manager. The report strikes me as bull :censored:. The Director Barry Owen part especially suggests that he has an important role at the club. If the reporter knew anything he would know that Barry is Corneys bitch!

But the story doesn't say that. It says that the paper "understands". In other words, Johnson was overruled by his employer and his yes man and is :censored:ed off and has leaked that to the press in a deniable if transparently obvious way.

(Caveat: if this signing story is true. Obviously.)

Just read that the petition starts with

'we do not believe that ched evans has a right to work.'

Anyone who signs that needs a SERIOUS look at themaelves...your basically saying anybody who commits a crime should never work again...

Anyone who signs that needs a SERIOUS look at themaelves...your basically saying anybody who commits a crime should never work again...

Did you actually read it? It says "We do believe he has the right to work."

Its a bit like when a celeb mag says 'a source' close to (insert c list celeb name) says they are feeling blah blah blah. Its a bollocks and is a way to cover themselves when the club deny all knowledge tomorrow and he signs for Barnsley at 1pm

I can't find that on the Change.org petition. Is that the one you are looking at? It begins by saying: "Ched Evans is a convicted rapist."

Later on it says the opposite of what you suggest: "We do believe he has the right to work. We believe that it does not have to be in a role where he influences views about sexual violence"

Why would he? If, as he claims, he is innocent he has wrongfully spent 2 and a half years in prison, his name is known World wide as a rapist, his career and development has been destroyed at a time when he was at his best ever form, he has had his freedom and financial security taken from him. Yet people think he should apologise? If he is a victim of a miscarriage of justice I bet he wants her head on a stick, I know I would.

As a matter of interest, if his conviction is over-turned, what will the nay sayers say then?

It's possible to try and clear your name without going after the victim. See if Lee Hughes goes after his victims in the same way...well. He'd be a right :censored: wouldn't he?

Sky sports article seems to think he will be signing a short term contract. To me this makes no sense, if we are signing him and getting the backlash for it then surely it should be on a longer contract, 18 months at least I would say

Tomorrow will be interesting for sure

But the story doesn't say that. It says that the paper "understands". In other words, Johnson was overruled by his employer and his yes man and is :censored:ed off and has leaked that to the press in a deniable if transparently obvious way.

Here's another hypothesis. Bear with me.

Johnson, like Dickov, paid Corney to get the job. Johnson therefore can't resign because of his financial interest in the club.

In fact, this hypothesis explains the appointment, the balance of power in the club and many, many other things. Is there a solid example of something that disproves it? Go!

I don't know the truth of it and would love a categorical counter-example from events of the past few years, but I can't think of one.

Have (like everyone else) been thinking this over all day. Wrong on every level if true - Corney & Owen lying to & then ignoring the fans, an unrepentant convicted rapist as role model for the kids we're meant to be attracting, massive negative publicity etc etc. Hughes was bad enough, but the whole idea of a 'second chance' is a sick joke - how many posters on here think they'd be able to walk back into their job after a rape conviction? It's a violent crime which ruins lives and anyone convicted would be lucky to work again.

As many have said, we shouldn't have been put into this position of deciding whether to sacrifice 10, 20, 30, 40+ years of supporting our team. My final decision is not to attend again (effectively paying his wages) while he's around, which is shared by my wife & my dad, & not easy when it's part of our lives.

Just read the story that LJ is against the signing. If that turns out to be true then I absolutely change my stance on this and will be furious.

Barry Owen is not and never has been the fans representative. There is a good book on his role, it's called "Animal Farm"

SC may be about to make his biggest ever mistake if he sacrifices LJ for Evans and if it turns out our loss of form is linked to this then the future is very bleak

What I don't get is,the people saying I won't come as long as Evans is at the club.shouldn't your ire be directed at the people prepared to employ him?

Oh trust me it is. But I can't bring myself to pay the wages of and cheer on a convicted rapist, nor can I distinguish in my mind between the man in the shirt and the team he represents.

My non attendance would not be a protest - I just can't bring myself to support the team with him in it. To stand there whilst my fellow fans sing One Ched Evans.

Not for me and I'm gutted because it's the powers that be that will be taking my club away.

No, it reads "we do believe that Ched Evans has a right to work", although I agree that it is possible to be against us signing him and not necessarily agree with the wording of the petition.