Is that true about the council threatening to withdraw funding of the stand? Who gave them the right to do that then?

Pisses me off when councillors think the borough's money is their own to dole out or withdraw according to their own personal morals.

Be interesting if the council could tell us how many criminals (including sex offenders & rapist ) do they grant taxi licences to !!!!!!!!!

If it's anything like Manchester council then i would suspect there are a few driving woman about at night.

More concerned about votes than anything else.

Hypocrites the lot .

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or in fact they know the finances they have at their disposal, the club would find it hard to advance like all desire. Just maybe they felt they could get a calibre of player (If Skill is perm) that we couldn't possibly afford without CE damaged goods. Yes of course then it comes back to all the debate whether he should be here full stop and money is blood money so to speak.

We the fans aren't exactly filling the coffer's are we? are should I say the ones who aren't attending is more the truth.

I think you've got it about right. We've got no money, here's an opportunity, so let's exploit it. They clearly didn't think it through and, again, you really have to question the role Barry Owen. He should be the link between fans and club. He didn't engage and it doesn't seem that he articulated the feelings of most supporters. Or did he? We don't know, but that's where the fingers might be pointed.

And yes, all these passionate opinionated fans who care so passionately about the club that they rarely actually attend. Low crowds = low income = perpetual struggle. Now the club has decided to withdraw their offer, but still people sit on their moral high horses. Care about the club? Then show your support by getting to BP. If we weren't so desperate with our finances we wouldn't even consider such desperate measures.

I'm still not quite sure what people expect him to do? He's a footballer and wants to return to that after serving his time.

He could have started by issuing the statement that he issued this afternoon about six weeks earlier. He might have found a club to play for and avoided this :censored:storm.

I'm still not quite sure what people expect him to do? He's a footballer and wants to return to that after serving his time.

A combination of utter incompetence from our Board, mob rule and the dark side of social media has put paid to that. Well done everyone, the world is a better place today, feckin idiots.

Well, Oldham is a better place with one less rapist anyway.

The council have put Corney over a barrel with this either you sign him we take our money out or you dont and we will fund. Dirty tactics by McMahon.

Dirty tactics? I would imagine there would of been a huge backlash on the council from the tax payer.

Am I missing something? I've read his :censored:tings but can't see any reference to the council? Just reference to losing money?

Mike Keegan said funding wpuld be removed from the club and Ched said about the new stand. Its the council who where the driving force for stopping us

He could have started by issuing the statement that he issued this afternoon about six weeks earlier. He might have found a club to play for and avoided this :censored:storm.

His conviction (which he believes to be unjust) is undergoing a review J. His legal team have told him to say NOWT. I'm almost certain that statement or one very similar would have been issued just ahead of us confirming his signing. That way he would have shown regret or remorse for the consequences of his actions that night without having to apologise for the crime which he still believes he didn't commit.

The club knew this and were willing to take the flak of announcing his signing after he made the statement. Only somebody decided to let the cat out of the bag on Sunday creating a media :censored:storm before the club had managed to get to get all it's ducks in a row.

The club knew if he made that statement before they'd got his signature it would scupper any hope of him signing for us as a bigger club would have jumped in and taken the chance.

He may as well have still made that statement today, as the chance of any club going anywhere near him now without it after the :censored:storm we've seen this week was absolutely non existent.

Edited by danoafc

I wonder what their next harebrained scheme will be

Get the new stand and club shop open.

Sell a family season ticket at £450 for two adults who share an address and up to four kids.

Push the £10 / £50 kids' season tickets harder than ever.

Increase the age limit for £22 admission from 16 to 19 to reflect the inability to leave education at 16.

Promote themselves hard as a family friendly football club and stick at it even if it doesn't work.

Expand free ticket to schools promotions and include half price family football days throughout the season, especially on half term Tuesday nights.

Guest ales in the various bars.

Cheaper beer and food before kick off to get people in the ground earlier.

A special flag holder cupboard for the Athleticos to keep their flags in when we're not playing to save them having to take them home.

Bacon sandwiches available for 99p whenever we have a ticket office queue.

----

Just a thought ....

Sell a family season ticket at £450 for two adults who share an address and up to four kids.

Increase the age limit for £22 admission from 16 to 19 to reflect the inability to leave education at 16.

Promote themselves hard as a family friendly football club and stick at it even if it doesn't work.

Expand free ticket to schools promotions and include half price family football days throughout the season, especially on half term Tuesday nights.

A special flag holder cupboard for the Athleticos to keep their flags in when we're not playing to save them having to take them home.

----

Just a thought ....

So we ARE getting new owners then?

----

Just a thought ....

Whilst I'm yet to be convinced of the maths in the ticket price, that's about the most sensible post I've seen in this thread!

Dirty tactics? I would imagine there would of been a huge backlash on the council from the tax payer.

The same "tax payer" who have no problem paying TV licence money to the BBC, who facilitated and covered up a massive VIP paedophile ring.

Tax payers have never had a say in what their money funds. So that excuse isn't valid. It should be, but it's not. We fund war, we fund the murder of civilians in the Middle East, we're happy to do that. But a football club dares hiring a convict out on licence? Nah, people can't support that, can they?

If people want to start kicking up a fuss about how their tax money is used, their's much more important places to start than Oldham :censored:ing Athletic.

Edited by PlayItLivo

----

Just a thought ....

It's surprising how many non-league clubs do all of this, and more.

The same "tax payer" who have no problem paying TV licence money to the BBC, who facilitated and covered up a massive VIP paedophile ring.

Tax payers have never had a say in what their money funds. So that excuse isn't valid. It should be, but it's not. We fund war, we fund the murder of civilians in the Middle East, we're happy to do that. But a football club dares hiring a convict out on licence? Nah, people can't support that, can they?

If people want to start kicking up a fuss about how their tax money is used, their's much more important places to start than Oldham :censored:ing Athletic.

Yeah them