• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would think this saga has just about finished any chance he had of playing again at a decent level !!!

Nah. Once his review is all done, he has no further ways of overturning his conviction. He'll do a heartfelt apology and the Blades will snap him up.

What's really sad whether you agree with CE signing or not -

We have given in to mob rule and threats , on a par to a government giving in to terrorist !!!

You're right. The club should never negotiate with fans or a public at large that don't want them to sign a rapist.

I assume Corney is getting his arse over here from New York sharpish. He needs to face the music and explain to us what the hell has been going on from the 1st December, why they lied to the fans, and why we are embroiled in a situation which we should have stayed miles away from.

Corney, Owen, Joy and Johnson should face the press. Wearing suits (we're a professional football club for fecks sake), and not passing scrappy pieces of paper to the media and hoping they forget all about it. We look a joke of a club, the whole week's been a shambles, we're likely to get a shelacking from Dickov and Donny tomorrow, and the only thing the club have said all week is "we're not making a statement."

I think Corney et al have demonstrated, as clearly as they possibly could, this week that they couldn't give a shiny :censored:e about the way the fans feel, so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

I think Corney et al have demonstrated, as clearly as they possibly could, this week that they couldn't give a shiny :censored:e about the way the fans feel, so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Or in fact they know the finances they have at their disposal, the club would find it hard to advance like all desire. Just maybe they felt they could get a calibre of player (If Skill is perm) that we couldn't possibly afford without CE damaged goods. Yes of course then it comes back to all the debate whether he should be here full stop and money is blood money so to speak.

We the fans aren't exactly filling the coffer's are we? are should I say the ones who aren't attending is more the truth.

"Proceeding could have placed significant financial pressure on the club and continued to be a divisive influence. As a consequence the deal could not go ahead."

Does that mean Sports Direct were not too happy?

I would guess so... and if that wasn't the main reason for not going forward I would be very surprised...

Edited by oafc0000

Without wishing to justify any threats or abuse that may have taken place, all of this was entirely predictable to anyone with the faintest clue. The board, Corney, Owen, whoever pushed this, clearly aren't the shrewd operators they might think themselves to be.

"Proceeding could have placed significant financial pressure on the club and continued to be a divisive influence. As a consequence the deal could not go ahead."

Does that mean Sports Direct were not too happy?

That's how I read it. Backed us (or at least didn't oppose) initially and then thought better of it. Surprising really as Ashley never struck me as someone who might worry about public opinion.

That's how I read it. Backed us (or at least didn't oppose) initially and then thought better of it. Surprising really as Ashley never struck me as someone who might worry about public opinion.

No, but he bothered about money.

Am I on the naughty step now Ackey?

My posts need approving before being shown until 15/01/2015.

I shan't bother contributing then.

Simply put - yes you are. Like several others you've proven incapable of posting in a polite and constructive manner. There's less effort in approving those OK than removing those which are not - and thus until then you'll need someone to approve them.