• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If serious threats were made, why have the club refused to report them to the police?

All very odd.

I honestly wouldn't expect Peter Fahy to know or care whether threatening calls had been reported or not - he was just tipping out the PR line I imagine. I heard that calls to the club aren't recorded and it's not hard to withhold your number so what ever the police "investigate" it's unlikely theyd get very far. I did hear one voicemail had been saved and was told on Monday by a staff member it was being given to the police

An unknown member of the Oldham Athletic Board has been saved from a lake after jumping in to save a fish that he believed was drowning.

He leapt head first into a near freezing Hollingworth Lake after spotting the trout had got into difficulties. Unfortunately he couldn’t get back out as the embankment was too steep and he spent four days holding the fish above water only to see it pass away in his hands.

For four days he selflessly ignored the efforts and advice from on-lookers at the waters edge as he held the fish above the ever growing waves. The distraught Oldham saviour was eventually rescued as two helicopters, seven fire crews and paramedics raced to the scene. Firefighters eventually tied a rope to a tree and threw it to the Board member and watched as he eventually grabbed hold of it and clambered to safety.

The stunned hero told rescuers he “just saw the fish and wanted to help it” on the way to hospital. The drama is now the subject of debate on social networking sites. One Oldham Supporter posted on the fans forum OWTB: “OMG what an arse, the guy has no grasp on reality”

A Board collegue and former policeman has told Sky Sports News that : “It doesn’t surprise me, the heroism of the man knows no bounds, last month he was rescued from a radio mast in Heaton Park after trying to save a pigeon which he believed was stranded up it”

Oldham Athletic will issue a statement later today ……. or maybe tomorrow.

I assume Corney is getting his arse over here from New York sharpish. He needs to face the music and explain to us what the hell has been going on from the 1st December, why they lied to the fans, and why we are embroiled in a situation which we should have stayed miles away from.

Corney, Owen, Joy and Johnson should face the press. Wearing suits (we're a professional football club for fecks sake), and not passing scrappy pieces of paper to the media and hoping they forget all about it. We look a joke of a club, the whole week's been a shambles, we're likely to get a shelacking from Dickov and Donny tomorrow, and the only thing the club have said all week is "we're not making a statement."

I honestly wouldn't expect Peter Fahy to know or care whether threatening calls had been reported or not - he was just tipping out the PR line I imagine. I heard that calls to the club aren't recorded and it's not hard to withhold your number so what ever the police "investigate" it's unlikely theyd get very far. I did hear one voicemail had been saved and was told on Monday by a staff member it was being given to the police

To be fair Peter Fahy has probably never heard of Ched Evans let alone OAFC. If the calls were to someone important, they'd have a go at tracing it.

I assume Corney is getting his arse over here from New York sharpish. He needs to face the music and explain to us what the hell has been going on from the 1st December, why they lied to the fans, and why we are embroiled in a situation which we should have stayed miles away from.

Corney, Owen, Joy and Johnson should face the press. Wearing suits (we're a professional football club for fecks sake), and not passing scrappy pieces of paper to the media and hoping they forget all about it. We look a joke of a club, the whole week's been a shambles, we're likely to get a shelacking from Dickov and Donny tomorrow, and the only thing the club have said all week is "we're not making a statement."

Has the game been changed to Friday to fool the Press?

Sorry Josh you made some good points

Edited by ChaddySmoker

To be fair Peter Fahy has probably never heard of Ched Evans let alone OAFC. If the calls were to someone important, they'd have a go at tracing it.

Not saying he has - but if calls aren't recorded and numbers witheld, tracing them is a whole world away from the Jack Bauer CSI world that people generally think... Cost is a big part and you'd have to be talking terrorism for it to even be considered

Bang on (I've reached my upboat quota apparently).

I thought Barry in his warm sweater thanking the media for standing out all day in the cold and pouring rain, then saying we are a professional club who looks after its media was a classic piece of diplomacy.

Edited by BP1960