MK Dons 7 Oldham 0

LJ is a new manager and knows what gets him to react in these sort of situations but probably needs to realise that it doesn't work for everyone...

As a line manage myself some people are wet lettuces and need an arm round a shoulder to bring the best out of them and some people are tough as old boots and new a kicking...

Like it it or not that's a reality...and maybe some of the players have spat dummies out at not being LJ's golden boys for a couple of weeks.

The only option is for LJ to get all the camp in and ask for feedback from the squad take it on board and ask for a clean slate...then go again. If the players can't get over it they need shipping out!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would we want to sell our best defender like?

He's only our best defender if he's playing to his best, which he certainly isn't doing at the moment.

Could be off the mark, but always got the impression he thinks of himself as big-man on campus which is fine when things are going well, but probably not helpful if the tide has turned.

Throw in his injury record and I don't think selling would be the worst idea in the world.

One of the saddest things is, it took a long long time to get such positivity around the place. Fans have become the twelfth man and with the new stand on the horizon everything was looking up. A few more performances like these recent ones and all that will be undone in no time. We need to stop this rot ASAP.

He's only our best defender if he's playing to his best, which he certainly isn't doing at the moment.

Could be off the mark, but always got the impression he thinks of himself as big-man on campus which is fine when things are going well, but probably not helpful if the tide has turned.

Throw in his injury record and I don't think selling would be the worst idea in the world.

Even at 33%, he is our best defender.

Injury record? Has he even been injured since he joined us...

Even at 33%, he is our best defender.

Injury record? Has he even been injured since he joined us...

Don't think so, but his career before us suggests there always could be one around the corner (hopefully not, obviously..).

If this run continues into the New Year, I wouldn't blame the club for cashing in on it's most saleable asset. Not saying we should, but I wouldn't knock the club for doing so.

From what I've heard he played well and it could have been 12 without him between the sticks!

Youve heard wrong from picking up the back pass to the last minute he was poor gives the impression playing in League 1 is all a bit below him, Id send him straight back to Bolton in fact if they want me to take him back it wouldnt be too much trouble.

Have stayed away from the board because I was very p*ssed off with yesterday but managed to last until the 6th goal went in.

My thoughts are:

1) Kenny doesn't appear to be organising the defence in the way that Rachubka did.

2) Nobody got a grip of our midfield and, IMO, that's where our problem arose from. MK, time after time, very easily passed their way through........I would have brought Tidser on to play alongside Dieng not replace him.

3) Why, when we had Philliskirk and Johnson up front did we keep lumping the ball up to them?

4) Finally, and this is a coaching problem, why can't we keep the ball on the floor.........so many simple, short passes were in the air so the recipient had to bring the ball down to control it by which time he was closed down by MK.

Oh, and a final point, when are going to use gamesmanship like MK..........Bowditch was, at every free kick, making life awkward for our defenders.

Comment in the Chron:

I will leave a comment whether it gets posted or not is a different matter, i can't understand why people support latics your never gonna get any glory your suporting a loser..lol MUFC till i die!

By Saddleworth's Finest @ 20/12/2014 20:38:22

Has Latics Lee moved to Saddleworth?

LJ is a new manager and knows what gets him to react in these sort of situations but probably needs to realise that it doesn't work for everyone...

As a line manage myself some people are wet lettuces and need an arm round a shoulder to bring the best out of them and some people are tough as old boots and new a kicking...

Like it it or not that's a reality...and maybe some of the players have spat dummies out at not being LJ's golden boys for a couple of weeks.

The only option is for LJ to get all the camp in and ask for feedback from the squad take it on board and ask for a clean slate...then go again. If the players can't get over it they need shipping out!

I agree fully with the last para- the only variation I would add is to invite players to respond anonymously and that way any feed back against his input and tactics can be fed back with out without fear of being shunned for stating opinions.

What I just cannot get to grips with is how a team that was doing so well and being praised for character and unity can suddenly make such a complete turn around. Something deeper than tactics, Paddy Kenny, Kelly missing, must be wrong and if that can be found out then only can the ship be steadied.

I agree fully with the last para- the only variation I would add is to invite players to respond anonymously and that way any feed back against his input and tactics can be fed back with out without fear of being shunned for stating opinions.

What I just cannot get to grips with is how a team that was doing so well and being praised for character and unity can suddenly make such a complete turn around. Something deeper than tactics, Paddy Kenny, Kelly missing, must be wrong and if that can be found out then only can the ship be steadied.

Get your money on;

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/sep/23/sport.comment

Edited by BP1960