The Boycott of Home Matches

The boycott of home games  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be boycotting home games for the duration of Ched Evans time if he is signed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on his perfomance and team efforts/league position

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading through this thread, you can see the range of views from those who feel strongly enough to boycott, those who feel strongly enough to stop going completely, those who feel strongly that we shouldn't sign him but would keep going, those who feel strongly that those boycotting are not true supporters, those who feel strongly that we should sign him and those who really don't care.

This strength of feeling from opposing sides can only lead to bad feeling amongst fans which cannot be a good thing. This is why we should have never got to this position in the first place. The club is already being damaged by attrocious decisions from the Board Room

This is exactly right.

There is no right or wrong for fans re: Going / boycotting, but the fact this is happening to us is disgraceful.

I on balance at the moment wouldn't. My wife who attends occasionaly has said that she at the momenty thinks that she would.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing but I won't be taking my kids.

"Daddy, what's a rapist?"

Any kid could ask that question at any time. And it is a parents duty to make the child understand what rape means. Just like it is telling them about the facts of life.

Any kid could ask that question at any time. And it is a parents duty to make the child understand what rape means. Just like it is telling them about the facts of life.

Facts of life:

It's when a mummy and daddy love each other very much they have a special cuddle.

parents duty to make the child understand what rape means.

It's when the man.....

I don't have kids but I can't imagine trying to explain to an eight year old what rape was.

I don't have kids but I can't imagine trying to explain to an eight year old what rape was.

And the unfortunate thing is, that if any parent taking his or her children to a Oldham Athletic match in the foreseeable future, they better get used to the bile and hatred being chanted towards them and their team about a certain rapist.

And the unfortunate thing is, that if any parent taking his or her children to a Oldham Athletic match in the foreseeable future, they better get used to the bile and hatred being chanted towards them and their team about a certain rapist.

Off topic but some of the songs at Dale might have raised awkward questions too...

I struggled to tell a nine year old about Lee Hughes, but I got there. Evans is a different league. Good luck to anybody in that position.

My now 17 year old is appalled by the thought of this man signing but loves his football club. He's upset that his Dad might not be going to football with him.

I've got done serious thinking to do.